Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
B5point5 said:
Amazing work...I'm confused though. You orignally had a 1.8t then tried out a W8 and finally decided on a bored out 1.8t?
In Taiwan

We only has 2.0 ( FF ) ,1.8T ( FF ) , 2.3 V5 ( FF ) , 2.8 V6 ( FF ) , 4.0 W8 ( 4motion ) .

I need 4motion , So I bought a W8 and tuned it.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
fatsheep said:
In Taiwan

We only has 2.0 ( FF ) ,1.8T ( FF ) , 2.3 V5 ( FF ) , 2.8 V6 ( FF ) , 4.0 W8 ( 4motion ) .

Yea, I agree the W8 has too much weight up front. Its ideal to get a more tuneable 1.8t and build it up to exceed the power of a W8. Power w/ the small turbo 4 is not nearly as smooth as the 8 but it will get the job done. I guess they don't sell the V6 4- motion because Taipei proper never sees snow (no market for the car). I hope you were able to sell the W8 engine for a good price.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
B5point5 said:
Yea, I agree the W8 has too much weight up front. Its ideal to get a more tuneable 1.8t and build it up to exceed the power of a W8. Power w/ the small turbo 4 is not nearly as smooth as the 8 but it will get the job done. I guess they don't sell the V6 4- motion because Taipei proper never sees snow (no market for the car). I hope you were able to sell the W8 engine for a good price.
I'll keep the W8 engine , The engine is very beautiful !!!

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Holy S%$T that looks sick!! Keep us updated on the progress and of course some pics of the final results and Dyno #'s ;)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
fatsheep said:
In Taiwan

he has too much hp for just a 1.8 fwd he needs 4 motion to keep it stable.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dude, too bad i am not in taiwan now. i really wanna see your car in person. hopefully, when i visit taiwan next year, we can have a meet (without my car). :lol: BTW job well done. :thumbup: :thumbup:

61 - 80 of 91 Posts
About this Discussion
90 Replies
44 Participants
sirt8669
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing