Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,312 Posts
Geoff.....check M&M auto up in Stafford near James......They have plenty of axles off Passats.....fairly cheap too....enough to at least give you a "core" so raxles won't be so expensive.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
UPDATE:

Okay. 192.00 later I got a oil change, capped off the anti freeze with G12, cap off the washing fluid, OEM axel (got a used 65k milers for $65.00 shipped). Also, I had Kev's rims on the car with my old spacers. The spacers where for the stock Audi Flat 5 times so they where hubcentric. The ones I got from Kev are reps and can't use the hud ones, it needs the lip. So, because it has a et37, I am running with out spacers.

The car tracks stright and true now.

Side Note: the car is running Much better then it have been in about over a year. I felt the tranny was slipping and a weird delay between the torq converter locking. After this axel was put on, the car is very tight now. the shifting is strong, there isn't any delay with the converter and now the car is chirping it's tires in 1st gear around 3500 rpm. I'm guess this was an issue for a while now.

If anyone reads this from the search:

Lesson learn. DO NOT GET aftermarket axels. period. spend the 180-200.00 and get the raxel. If you can't do that, go to a junk yard and get a OEM used for 40.00-70.00. period.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All the CA are replaced, new axel in the front right, new shocks and springs. Put the car up three days ago and made sure all the bolts are tight.

Out of the blue (the car was running great on Saturday, all the work was done over 9 days ago), on Sunday, there is a very bad shake when I accelerate. It is to the point, the front end feels like might fall off.

And ideas what to look for (visually, everything looks good)?

There is nothing while cruising and the engine revs fine with out miss fires.
Hi,

Mines doing the exact same thing and someone I know said that the transmission mount and engine mounts need replacing, that the engine and gearbox is moving on acceleration, which I believe is true, I had stopped on a hill at a set of lights and when I accelerated to take off, the shuddering was really bad under that pressure of the hill vs the weight of the car, like the whole engine was jumping, going down hills or decelerating and it’s smooth as silk, so I’m going to replace them in a fortnight to cancel out that possibility.

kindest Regards Chris

21 - 24 of 24 Posts