Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Do you have +/- on Seacoast VW? A friend recommended them for my wife's Jetta auto tranny tech up there...

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
I would go to Claire up in Saco way before I went to Seacoast for real work on my car...too many bad experiences there. Thats kind of a haul from Mass though probably an hour or so but they do good work.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
How far are you from Providence RI? Yarrowsport (www.yarrowsport.com) is a local tuner and knows their stuff. The prices are good too. Might wanna check these guys out :thumbup:

-Wapptor

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I talked to my regular dealer, and the SA told me his auto tranny tech left there (Yeo VW in Amesbury) to go to Seacoast; he said don't trust it to them (Yeo)! I have a really good relationship with my SA at Yeo, so I trust his judgement in this case.

Back to Seacoast: I called them up to see what was going on, and the person I spoke to (Ethyl/Evelyn/something like that) said there was a TSB on the ~2003 Jetta TCM (the MY of my wife's car). Didn't find the TSB listed anywhere, but will continue to look.

I also mentioned that they (yeo) probably didn't check the valves or springs in the valvebody when it was first brought in, if it's indeed a malfunction in the valvebody. She said about an hour to reprogram the TCM if that's the case, but I'm going to call back and see if I can get a hold of the tech who I was referred to.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll keep ya posted on what happens.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, of course it's warranty :) ; when I head up there, I'm going to do a walkaround of the car (ala a pre-paint inspection)...

·
Registered
5,449 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.