Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who thinks this picture looks like a really bad photochop? It was on the CNN site this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Agreed, but what would be the point? That shot wouldn't be tough to get.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only reason I could come up with is the photographer assigned overslept or didn't want to schlep out to Andrews or something. I can't really say why, it just looks really fake.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Haha, I thought the same thing when I saw it. I have no idea why. You would think they could just use a file photo.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
JamesBondage said:
Actually W and Laura couldn't make it for the photo so cardboard stand-ins where used instead. Wouldn't be the first time...

Those same cardboard stand-ins have been used at store openings and weddings all over the US.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
JamesBondage said:
Actually W and Laura couldn't make it for the photo so cardboard stand-ins where used instead. Wouldn't be the first time...
Haha, I bet they were in back passin' round the old, you know :cool:

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
There's actually another angle of the same photo used in the NYT. From the looks of the other photo, it was due to the obscene amount of artificial foreground lighting used in the picture.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Syncroq5 said:
Haha, I bet they were in back passin' round the old, you know :cool:
Yeah, dude.
They probably didn't want their picture taken because they both had really red eyes cuz they were stoned and forgot the Visine....

btw, Laura's got the killer dime bags. ;)

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I saw this picture the other day as well and I swear it's NOT real. Lighting is way off, the edge definition around George and Laura is just wrong. Nothing looks right in this picture at all. I suppose the reason it's photo chopped is because god told George that pictures steal the soul. Not that he has much left to worry about. Poor bastard.... oh wait, we're the poor bastards.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Perhaps you should find the news video. You think they faked that too?

Damn conspiracy theorists... :p

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
Good Grief, that is a horrible picture. It does indeed look like cardboard stand-ins. You suppose they have those in the White House, too?

·
Rogue Assassin
2,977 Posts
I've always assumed Bush is a cardboard cut-out.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
HAD the killer dime bag

1 - 18 of 18 Posts