Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The "Odd" one
6,068 Posts
ASA AR1 came in black and silver. AR2's are machined face with anthracite insides (thats what I have)...plus I am having trouble seeing the rivt bolts to ensure that they are in fact ASA wheels (I am really doubting it)

To me they really scream Fliks.

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts
yes ASA was made by BBS at one point so he could not be lying, the older ASA rims said ASA made by BBS on them

·
The "Odd" one
6,068 Posts
I think I stand corrected...I saved the pic and enlarged it as much as I could. The blue center cap looks to be the same that I have on my wheels. I struggle with the gunmetal color though....they didnt come in that color. Plus...the price. You could get 18x8 AR1's for 164 a piece. 4 tires at about 100 bucks a pop and shipping woud come to right around the same as his asking price.

ASA purchased the old process of making wheels from BBS. They then paid BBS "royalties" to put "Liscensed by BBS" on their wheels. They dont pay them anymore therefor you will no longer find it on the wheel.

·
|m|(^_^)|m|
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting. So anyone would be better off just buying brand new wheels and tires than dealing with this guy.

·
The "Odd" one
6,068 Posts
Unless his OBO means coming down at least 350-500 bucks...I would.

You could find something much nicer and cheaper on here or audizine

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
Yeah....audizine ftw...those guys dump wheels like they're made of money...for great prices too!

·
|m|(^_^)|m|
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unless his OBO means coming down at least 350-500 bucks...I would.

You could find something much nicer and cheaper on here or audizine
Ha! I should tell him I'll give him $500 for them and see what he says...

BUT at the same time, the car looks like the one from the guy who sold me those bent Fliks. I really dont want to have to deal with that again.

·
|m|(^_^)|m|
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea they r asa's but i had them powercoated gun metal and the lip machened. and with the tires all came out to 1589 around 1600 so i out some work and money into them. just trying to get some back
seller's reply

·
Registered
515 Posts
Those are ASA AR1's. But don't let him BS you about the color I'm pretty sure gunmetal was a color choice from the factory. It didn't cost more than the silver ones I have. His have the funky center cap because Tirerack believes the flat center cap will not fit the AWD vehicles which is not true. My car has 4Mo and bigger brakes and the flat center caps fit just fine.
I paid less than $1000 shipped for mine, brand new, with tires mounted and balanced and mine are 19" FYI.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts