Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Reverend Arthur Dimmwit
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It amazes me how people do this. Sports teams, clubs, schools, etc: Me tribe good. You tribe bad. And politics: :puke:

During the W administration, I observed darn near every republican I knew applaud their tribe and condemn the dems. And when the 'pubs did something bad, they pretended it didn't happen or, worse, blamed the dems. No WMD's? Who cares. Change the subject.

Now switch tribes, same shit. Obama does something bad, dems ignore it, blame W, whatever. Eastcoast offshore drilling? Who cares? Change the subject.

It also works contrary-wise:

Bill Clinton was arguably the best republican president EVER. And most republicans loathe him. Why? 'Cuz he's a democrat.

W? umm... His daughters were hot. Yeah. :thumbup:

Wake up folks: you ain't on the Yankees roster. When they win, you don't. You didn't do shit.

·
One more time, and I'm outta here
5,841 Posts
No need to read what he wrote folks. It's another thread full of waaaa. It's the same crap that's been posted again and again.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

and my reply.... :sleep:

·
One more time, and I'm outta here
5,841 Posts
Ya got an argument?
You don't.

It's one of those threads that say, "Bush did this and the cronies applauded. But Obama got us all healthcare and the cronies applauded. However they don't get along and we all lose."

Great observation there Angula Landsberry.

This is like saying, "if you have a flat tire, you put air into it and it inflates."

This thread should now be dedicated to Mr. Obvious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGJlzUt-vHk

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Pooh, you really think its at the same level but reversed now? To a large extent, duh, but maybe time has softened your recollection of the times, not so long ago....

·
Reverend Arthur Dimmwit
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pooh, you really think its at the same level but reversed now? To a large extent, duh, but maybe time has softened your recollection of the times, not so long ago....
Same doesn't matter.

When a politician does something I don't like, I complain. I don't ignore it because "he's on my team."

To me, "What was done?" is more important than "Which team did it?"

·
Reverend Arthur Dimmwit
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You don't.

It's one of those threads that say, "Bush did this and the cronies applauded. But Obama got us all healthcare and the cronies applauded. However they don't get along and we all lose."

Ya got it backwards:

Bush cut funding for the V.A. and his "pro-troops" supporters ignored it.

Obama shoves the Bill of Rights further into the shredder and his supporters ignore it.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,668 Posts
If you look to the reigning first couple of the dem party, the Clintons, they tell the story from their side pretty well. Her comments during the campaign that it's our responsibility and right as americans to challenge the status quo and administration. That's until her party is in control. His comments that the tea party groups and right wing media feeds radical segments based on emotions rather than facts. How does he think the current administration got into office with the "hope and change" platform, facts or emotion?

No doubt both sides play it, I'd probably give the dems credit for being more articulate and crafty in their methods. Less confrontational.

·
Registered
27,412 Posts
I agree, it's sad how many people at work seem to own or play for the Cowboys. It's always "We Won" or "My Team". I always ask them what position they play or how much of the team they own.

As for politicians, they all pretty much suck.

·
Reverend Arthur Dimmwit
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you look to the reigning first couple of the dem party, the Clintons, they tell the story from their side pretty well. Her comments during the campaign that it's our responsibility and right as americans to challenge the status quo and administration. That's until her party is in control. His comments that the tea party groups and right wing media feeds radical segments based on emotions rather than facts. How does he think the current administration got into office with the "hope and change" platform, facts or emotion?

No doubt both sides play it, I'd probably give the dems credit for being more articulate and crafty in their methods. Less confrontational.
This isn't about politicians. I'm talking about us serfs.

·
Reverend Arthur Dimmwit
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree, it's sad how many people at work seem to own or play for the Cowboys. It's always "We Won" or "My Team". I always ask them what position they play or how much of the team they own.

As for politicians, they all pretty much suck.
Agreed.

·
Registered
15,829 Posts
Personally, I'd rather you continued with the sports analogy. It pisses me no end to hear fans talk about "our" team and how "we" won. Frankly, in politics I really think it's become Fox News and everyone else. Yes, I know Fox is not a political party, but it's a political power just the same.

·
Reverend Arthur Dimmwit
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Personally, I'd rather you continued with the sports analogy. It pisses me no end to hear fans talk about "our" team and how "we" won. Frankly, in politics I really think it's become Fox News and everyone else. Yes, I know Fox is not a political party, but it's a political power just the same.
What else is there to say about the sports analogy?

·
Founder of the STFA
8,668 Posts
What else is there to say about the sports analogy?
Things haven't changed much since the days of the gladiators. If a cataclysmic event occurred during a major college football game, imagine the oddities that would be investigated 1,000 years later. The size of the crowd, the stadium, cheerleaders, players/equipment. Animal mascots:thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts