Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Passat Lingyu's a year old now and I thought I'd post some new pics. Apart from some minor stuff, everything's still stock. No problems so far :thumbup: , though I had a collision with a cyclist (they're everywhere here) a few weeks ago and damaged the front fender.

Sorry for my crap camera.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Welcome to PW :thumbup: Does "Lingyu" mean anything?
That front and rear is different from anything I have seen before on a B5/5.5 Passat.
So do they still sell the B5 there?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I'm not mistaken, the name Lingyu is made up of 2 chinese characters which roughly means "to lead" and "to drive". Combined, it doesn't actually have any meaning.

Yup, if you want to buy a new Passat in China, you have a choice of either the B5, Lingyu or B6.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
LOL "pet name". This is great, I can see a lot of resemblance to the USA passats. The tail light looks shaved off upwards as opposed to a full one from b5.5 platforms. Overall unique, the cluster is different too. It's fun to look at other cars from around the world. =) Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your Passat looks very nice! Do you see a lot of Passats on the road there, or are they rare?
There are Passats everywhere here. IIRC, it's the second best-selling sedan behind the Accord. In the same price range, we also get locally-made Camry, Mazda6, Mondeo, Nissan Teana, Toyota Reiz (aka Mark X), Regal, LaCrosse, Hyundai NF, Roewe 750, Epica and Galant.

The majority of Passats are used as a business/company car and very very few are modded.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We hope we can select the car that they are not locally-made. But in Chinese you only get locally-made car,like Camry, Mazda6, Mondeo, Nissan Teana, Toyota Reiz (aka Mark X), Regal, LaCrosse, Hyundai NF, Roewe 750, Epica and Galant.
Physzall
hi ,I am Tank Deng from ShenZhen China.

·
wants you to raise up your car.
4,329 Posts
That passat is sweet, never seen anything like it. It's like a mix between a B5.5 and a B6, lookin good:thumbup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the comments, folks. I haven't been online for a while now but it's nice to see my thread's still up there:D

What are the choices of engine?
1.8T (which is what I have), 2.0 and 2.8V6.

Welcome to the club! :thumbup:`

Interesting rear end on that.
Thanks. Actually in stock form there's a strip of chrome which runs from one end to the other right below the VW badge, but I removed it cause I thought it made the rear look too busy. I think I made the right choice.:confused:
Here's a reference pic:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts