Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
28,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
i wish i had the pics for the axle-shaft seal job, but alas, xyro let his webhost expire :p
They are saved in the Passat Wiki site.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, between cleaning some connectors, verifying my trans fluid was correct level still and a few throttle body adaptations, I managed to entirely eliminate my problem. I was getting some wonky maf and throttle angle readings that didn't make much sense. I followed Ross-Tech's guide of measuring a 2nd gear red line. My g/s air reading was way lower than it should be and my throttle angle was giving inconsistent readings. I only cleaned the 8-pin throttle connector and the maf connector (previously cleaned the maf sensor). I hope this helps someone because I have absolutely zero flare now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I want to post a finale regarding my issues... It was the TPS. Finally started throwing codes: TPS input too high/low/intermittent. Cleared codes/ran adaptations just for the problem to return. Swapped throttle body and haven't had any rev flares/fault codes since. Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Some slippage in the TC is normal. There is a Reg mode that allows for up to 510rpm of slip in gear. To my knowledge it was put in for fuel economy and comfort purposes in that it keeps the tranny from downshifting if there is a small throttle application.
Hi there, I know this is an old thread, but I wanted some expert advice! I picked up an 05 Passat 1.8t 5AT 4Motion wagon recently. 127k. I've never owned an auto, so I'm not sure if this behavior is normal. When I have the car in TIP mode in 4th gear and hit the gas, the RPMs jump by about 200. Car accelerates normally. In 5th gear the RPMs jump by about 100. Car accelerates normally. In D while cruising in 5th under partial throttle, the RPMs will jump by about 500 until I really nail the gas, then it'll kick down into 4th.

From what I've been reading this all seems like normal behavior, yes?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
since you do not know relative history of car, first check fluid level ,second consider doing a filter fluid change, all this per transmission protocol and methods outlined in the data base here before any damage is done

·
Registered
23 Posts
Checking and replacing trans fluid is a good idea if you don't know the maintenance history.
As far as RPM's jumping at first when accelerating seems to be normal if the RPM are low before accelerating. Best thing to do is scan the trans and see if the torque converter is locking/unlocking only when the computer commands.

·
Registered
16 Posts
trqcvtr partn number for eds4 solenoid ?? tranny's vb got 4 different parts numbers worth soo yeah ... i need that particular one to find out if it's the drum or the gating

·
Registered
28,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Updated some trans removal posts with pics.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts