Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,I have a Passat from 1997,I see that on the windows its written:Tinted 7.I wonder is this tinted 7 offers any sun UV protection.Anyone can help me?Thanks alot!

·
Registered
2004 GLS 1.8T
12,159 Posts
Virtually all automotive windows have some tint from the factory. And, any piece of glass, tinted or not, blocks substantial amounts of UV radiation. So the answer is yes. The question of how much UV protection, and why you're concerned about it, remains.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'd think he was concerned with UV light damaging either his skin or the surface materials on the inside of his car. I don't think UV light has much to do with heating your car up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you guys!i was concerned about the potential damage of the skin.meanwhile I wrote to the customer center VW from Amsterdam/The Netherlands concerning this issue,I got an answer which kind of confused me:,,However, most of the tinted windows of Volkwagens do not offer any protection against UV sun rays''...but the lady who answered couldnt be sure about my passat and she told me I should contact my VW dealer.Personally I guess she might have been mistaken.I have seen other passat having Tinted 0,mine has Tinted 7,another one Tinted 6,but the colour of the windows were the same,so I guess it has to do with the sun blocking?Or,I might be wrong...thanks anyways!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts