Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just ordered a new Passat and I am awaiting delivery in 2-3 weeks.

After having a test drive with the car, I noticed 2 covered speaker holes at the rear of the car. My dealer said that the holes were designed for 2 extra sets of speakers (not included with the deal). All they actually include are 2 front speaker sets.

I need a serious advice here because I am going to ask my dealer for 2 additional sets of rear speakers to be added as an extra.

My problem is that I expect a serious (Hi-Fi) audio result and I am not sure whether factory system is going to produce that. I don't want to make additional speaker holes on a new car.

As a Jazz fan, I expect a flat spectrum result, with mild bass and treble emphasis.

What is best for me to do?

Alex.
-------

·
Registered
151 Posts
hmmmm, odd. :suspicio:

Well if your looking for SQ the less speakers the better. Rear spekers will add fill but will also create interferance with the front ones. For the best sound in stereo you want two sources, and maybe a sub. This will make for the clearest possible set up, if not the most powerful.

Ive never heard of a passat with only front speakers, where do you libe, maybe its just me and my lack of worldly passat knowledge.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Alex P said:
I have just ordered a new Passat and I am awaiting delivery in 2-3 weeks.

After having a test drive with the car, I noticed 2 covered speaker holes at the rear of the car. My dealer said that the holes were designed for 2 extra sets of speakers (not included with the deal). All they actually include are 2 front speaker sets.

I need a serious advice here because I am going to ask my dealer for 2 additional sets of rear speakers to be added as an extra.

My problem is that I expect a serious (Hi-Fi) audio result and I am not sure whether factory system is going to produce that. I don't want to make additional speaker holes on a new car.

As a Jazz fan, I expect a flat spectrum result, with mild bass and treble emphasis.

What is best for me to do?

Alex.
-------
In the US, you get fronts and rears. Tweets in all four doors. Mids in the front and Subs in the rear.

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
If real SQ is your goal, don't worry about the rear speakers and go with an outstanding set of front speakers. A good HU and a solid 4-channel amp driving the front speakers and a 10" sub and you'll be money.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi friends,

Thanks for your replies.

I suspect that my dealer didn't know what he was talking about. At the end of the day the car may be delivered with 4 speakers as it is coming straight from Germany....

When I get it I will let you know.

THanks again

ALex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Alex P
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing