Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watch the race this weekend? Is this going to be another season of Ferrari domination? Your thoughts and comments....

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nenad said:
you are late....Ferrari already won 1-2 with 30 sec over others. It was yesterday March 7th :)
I know. I watched the race. That also why I asked if anyone watched it....

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
doht...spoilers!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Sick of Ferrari being so dominate. I hope other teams setups come around and even the playing field(Renault, Williams, possibly Mclaren)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I kinda stopped watching it and focused on drinking more :beer: after Kimi Raikkonen's Mercedes engine blew up. It was so sad to see the smoke coming out of the engine and his rear wheels getting locked up. And of course Schumi won again. Man, I hate that guy for being so good. :mad:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Seriously...the word on Raikkonens motor was a failed water pump. Engines rev to 18500rpms, you wouldn't think the water pump would be the first thing to go.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
I have the video saved somewhere. Gotta watch it tonight!

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
i watched it last night. very good race. i like the new rules of only haveing a single motor over the weekend and no launch control.

all in all, they are making positive steps to reign in the ability to outright dominate like Ferrari does, but it's going to take time. The BMW motor is just amazing. Near 19000 revs on Melbourne, that puppy might pull close to 20000 revs at a track like Germany or USA.

And I thought they had very good coverage of the race. The in-car shots were great, especially the rear of the Renault (Trulli I think) being trailed by Coulthard. But please, more driver shots. Please...and more engine sounds.

I hope I didn't spoil anything...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts