Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Custom made this using universal gauge pods, and molded them to the stock a-pillar. It is painted grey to match the intereior. Has one wrinkle under the top pod. Other than that its ready to be installed. Already smooth, and painted. No filler needed. Asking $100. Can send pics if requested.

Brandon

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
passatboy02 said:
Yeah post some pics up, Would it be alright to use with side airbags?:thumbup:

Of course not, that's why no company makes A-pillar pod's for the B5.5. BUT, if you don't care about the possibility of gauges flying at your face if it does go off (like me, I have a sinlge pod on mine) then go for it. I'd be interested too but just don't have the cashola right now ;(

·
Registered
900 Posts
The Limey said:
Of course not, that's why no company makes A-pillar pod's for the B5.5. BUT, if you don't care about the possibility of gauges flying at your face if it does go off (like me, I have a sinlge pod on mine) then go for it. I'd be interested too but just don't have the cashola right now ;(
Oh it doesnt bother me but id like to have a split second head up of whats gonna hit me in an accident. Anyways my airbag fault is on since i took my seats out for cleaning. So i think im good :thumbup: :lol:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Limey said:
Have you ever seen a pillar pod pop out with an airbag? If you haven't, then how do you know whats going to happen? It kils me that everyone thinks that gauges are going to shoot at you at 100 MPH if the airbag goes off. Espeacially for a air bag that shoots down.

Passatboy02, i confedent that you'll be fine if the airbag deploys, but since i myself haven't seen one go off with them on, i neither can say for certain that nothing will happen. All the gauges are secured with 16gauge wire, so i'm preety sure you'd be safe. I i felt otherwise, i never would have made this for myself.

quality_sound said:
Shoot me some pics, B

[email protected]
I'll shoot you some pics tonight paul.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
The Limey said:
The gauges are NOT going to fly out and hit you in the face. That airbag goes across the side window so the pillar will go into the windshield AND it's tethered to the car. I've seen pics of an A4 with a pillar gauge cluster and when it's bags went off all the gauges stayed in the housings and the pillar cover stayed firmly attached to the car.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
like I said I have a pod on mine so I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying yours 5150 Pa55at. I was just saying that it's the MAIN reason why no company makes A-pillar pod's for a b5.5 BECAUSE of the airbag (if you can find one let me know). I certainly don't want to find out if it does or does not but I obviously don't worry about it as I have one too. Relax peeps. ;)

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
StLB5 said:
What the hell are you doing Paul? To everyone else, he'll have some new pictures up in about a week :D
I decided not to change the back up right now so I need to replace my subs. It's just taking longer than I would like and I want to make sure I don't spend my sub money on something else.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts