Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead: :banghead: well this morning I was following 2 other cars that were doing around 80mph on the interstate, and a cop pulled me over. the freaking V1 didnt even make a sound, it didnt detected nothing.... it's a v.1.8 v1 with pop, the up to the date version. fuck....... :banghead: on the tickets it says Clocked , estimated ,Posted . also it says "very aggresive driver" on the ticket.... so what kind of technology did he use? now I just have to beg the law to reduce the ticket cost, and give him whatever excuse I could think of for speeding. ...:fuck:

top of the line? my ass. :banghead: this confirms that radars doesnt work...so dont waste your money..

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Your screwed. I am still fighting my 80 on a 65 ticket I got

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still havent received the ticket that I was told in the mail yet. hope it's not gona show up. the V1 was mounted in the top center of the windshield. and it is high enough for not being blocked by the rear seat or the front.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
Even in podunk Belvidere, IL (home of the Dodge Neon!) they use "air radar". There are two stripes on the road, a set distance apart. Instead of shooting a laser or radar gun at you, a spotter times you from one stripe to the next. That gives them a speed and they call it in.

Your detectors are useless against them. (Fortunately, having grown up in the area, I know where they are and avoid them like the plague.)

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,883 Posts
if the ticket said clocked, how did he clock you? driving behind you? if he clocked you in that fashion, consider yourself guilty as charged.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
he was driving behind me. I didnt see him, and he just pulled up from no where..... so how did he clock me? what does Clocked mean?

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
wow man...thats not cool. If you don't like your V1 send it to me :) Ill pay shipping. Eitherway man start doing daily checks in your rear view mirror.

·
Registered
977 Posts
You got cought by probably the oldest method around. He didn't use anything but the spedo in his car.

There isn't a detector in the world that will keep you from getting tickets if you don't know its limits. You also have to know what methods are used for determining speed other than Radar and Lasar. Planes, Pacing... You have to be ready for them all.

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
You got cought by probably the oldest method around. He didn't use anything but the spedo in his car.
Happened to me a long time ago, when I lived in Philadelphia. I was heading NB on Roosevelt Blvd (Rt. 1) on my way to work, riding the inner set of lanes. I was in a big pack of cars, all going the same speed (15 over). I was the lucky bloke that cut off into a left hand turn lane to enter my office complex.

A Philly cop was riding behind the whole herd of us and pulled in behind me and hit the lights. I had culled myself from the herd!!!

No talking was getting me outta that ticket. He did drop the speed to save me a point...it was a very bad Friday the 13th (I remember it very well).

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts

There isn't a detector in the world that will keep you from getting tickets if you don't know its limits. You also have to know what methods are used for determining speed other than Radar and Lasar. Planes, Pacing... You have to be ready for them all.
That's the key there.

Man, you guys are making me feel old! They've been using planes in CA since the 60's. Most freeways in CA don't allow radar, so you just watch your ass and your head. Some of my cars had the mirror placed close enough to the sunroof that I would actually aim it up and to the back. Saved me twice on I5 years ago. I also got clocked at 105 once by a plane. I was in the Army and JAG got me out of the ticket somehow.

You mentioned you were running with two other cars? What mods to you have to your car?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts