Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short I'm putting an ATQ 2.8 30v v6, in a mid engine 68' beetle, the engine came with the fwd 5 speed auto trans.
I'm wanting to use a 5 speed, I know I'll need a flywheel clutch etc.

The DVZ is the 5 speed that came with the v6,
And the EZG AND EHV both came on the 1.8. Manual models from what I can gather.

Does anyone know if either of them will bolt up to the v6?

Only reason I'm curious is because they both have overall lower ratios, wich would be better for my application

·
Registered
26,602 Posts
All of the Tiptronic trans used a cable shifter, all of the manuals all used shift rods and all longitudinal trans will bolt up to both the V6 and 1.8T. Not sure what the Cayman used as it had the same manual ZF trans (with a different bolt pattern) rear mounted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Youre the man PZ! I'm sure I can fabricate or modify an existing cable system and make it work, thank you so much

·
Registered
26,602 Posts
Keep up updated with your progress.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered a used EZG, a new luk dual mass flywheel,and perfection clutch,and hardware all around.

Been looking at a cable shifter out of 04-06 scion xa, to modify with longer cables, and see if if I can make some sort of bracketry to control the shift rod with.

Bremer makes a "sequential style" shifter setup for use for 02j transmissions that would work, but its 2500$ so thats a no go.

As far as the engine goes long block is built, waiting on the 28mm freeze plugs that sit in the front of the heads to come in so I can put the timing cover back plates and,then gears and timing belt etc

Have pressure transducers for oil and fuel on the way, along with all the an fittings and lines. Ls1 coils on the way (running sequential fire with megasquirt).
Dual afr wideband sensors and gauge on the way...and a bunch of other crap.

Ive got some electronics coming in tomorrow that I should allow me to control the throttle body without the original ecu with just a potentiometer on the gas pedal,and still have the throttle body send out a tps signal to mega squirt. It will be a long time coming as theres much to do. But if I can get the circuit built and figured out I'll do a write up on it for anyone else looking to do the same for aftermarket efi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts