Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
The B5.5 already has 4 brake lights (5 if you count the center light), are you sure your not thinking of the rear fog light?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I was just reading the Info forum's "Extra brake light mod w/o rear foglight" and wondered if B5.5 was do-able as well. So there's not really any extra lighting available then like there is in B5?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
The B5.5 has no more room for any more lights unlike the B5. Although the Euro rear holder and lens allows you to add two extra bulbs to each side. there are actually less lights used for brakes so that really does not answer your question.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
well, the taillights are different:

(courtesy of VWPassatGLX155)

the B5 has the bottom slot next to the backup light empty, whilst the B5.5 has no empty slots, afaik

·
Registered
87 Posts
yer my uk one only the top circles light up for the brake lights but both circles use the double filament bulb so going to have a look to modify mine to look like the us ones

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,899 Posts
yer my uk one only the top circles light up for the brake lights but both circles use the double filament bulb so going to have a look to modify mine to look like the us ones
you might have just set the record for resurrecting the oldest zombie thread here.

·
Registered
87 Posts
lol yer but these old threads come in handy I have already turned my whole rear window into a brake light with two red 30 led strips down the sides of the window

·
I break for old people
7,533 Posts
I did a strip of LED's in my trunk for extra light, seems Bentley did the same thing, except they probably used Diamonds filled with gipsy tears.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts