Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I'm kinda new to this whole thing about passat 1999-2001 and also to this forum. Anyway I have a passat 2000 or some ppl say its 2001 and I really like it and so I want to tune it nice and make it look not to much but not to little I have 19'' black rims and a suspention on them right now but Im looking for some body kit styles and different ideas. I do have to warn you I'lve searched alot and I only found two different types of body kit for this car which is real sad. Here are the ones I found WIDE BODY KIT and REGULAR BODY KIT I like both but after reading some reviews about the widebody kit on this forum Im a little disapointed that most of ppl dont like it. Can anyone help me out and what they think of these two, what I should put and what I should not what I should change or dont change and if anyone knows any other websites where I can find a bigger choice of body styling.

P.S. My tail lights, headlights and windows will be tinted with black 19'' rims on, no wing or spoiler and Im thinking of two color paint job (probably gray and black)

Help will be really appreciated!!!! :cool:

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
19" wheels are definitely too much for a B5 Passat. Don't go above 18" or the ride quality will be horrible. 17" is small enough to be safe and comfortable, and it still lets you use a 45-profile tire without having to get your speedometer recalibrated.

Check out Caractere's bumper and body kits if you want subtle, yet sexy styling. If I had the money to buy a bunch of parts and get them professionally painted, that's what I'd go with.

The Passat's stock suspension probably can't handle the extra stress from a widebody kit and axle extenders; plenty of people have had their wheel bearings fail without having ever done anything special to the car at all.

Please slow down and use punctuation. I had to re-read your post four times to figure out where each sentence started and ended.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
19" wheels are definitely too much for a B5 Passat. Don't go above 18" or the ride quality will be horrible. 17" is small enough to be safe and comfortable, and it still lets you use a 45-profile tire without having to get your speedometer recalibrated.

Really......? :poke: Ive been on 19's on my 2001 B5 since 3 days after I got it..... Im on a kw varient II coil over kit and on 35 series tires and its is smooth as glass and I have no issues negotiating driveways etc... My woman is a whiney brat when it comes to rough ride and bumps... she like riding in my Passat better than in my daily driver which is stock adn smooth as well...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ops

Sorry u guys for all the punctuation and grammar. I was just in a little hurry cause I had to leave. Appreciate all the help!!! Thanks to u all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts