Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have the extended vehile protection from VW? any ideas on how much it costs? I have a 04 1.8T (4 weeks old) manual passat. I am wondering if its worth getting the extended protection. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Has much annoying little problems the B5 Passat has I would say yes. I just bought a 98' with 70k and purchased an extended warranty from warrantcenter.com. The steering is already making weird noises. Can't use warranty until 30 days though.

P.S> Love my car still.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Warrenty advice

This topic depends a lot on the buyer.

If you are someone who plans on keeping the car for a while, but you don't like to do your own maintanence, then it's a good idea.

If you plan on keeping the car and do your own work, it doesn't make as much sense.

If you are financing the vehicle and want the piece of mind that you won't be paying extra to fix it while you have a regular payment, then it makes sense.

These are general statements about extended service, of course. I can't give you quotes about VW's warrenties specifically, but what I have above may give you an idea of your own situation. Also keep in mind that a lot of mechanics will get basic extended warrenties on their vehicles. Even though they can do the work, it's nice to not have to fork out thousands for expensive components, like engines and trannies :)

Just my $0.02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.