Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Exporting Passat to Greece

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  luigidf 
#1 ·
Guys I need your help. My friend just got a 2003 GLS 1.8T to export to Greece soon and me and him where talking and the talk about the rear trunk not being able to fit the standard sized Europe Plate... What do people do when they export American cars to Europe? Is there a special Europe plate with a size sorta like the US plates but with two character lines? Ahhhhhhhhhhh We need your help ASAP! I emailed and IMed UPING but no answer!

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Re: Exporting Passat to Greece (Elias)

Here is the brake down of what he got.

2003 Silverstone 1.8T GLS with Gray Leather

Lux, Monsoon, Homelink, ESP, Tip, Cold Wheather PKG.

They thought about buying the Passat overthere but it came out to be more than what a GLS with all the bells and whistles was here in the states. =( Another issue is the warranty. Once that US passat crosses over to Europe the warranty is Void and Null and that sucks ass! I hope they can buy some sort of aftermarket warranty. Man that Passat sounds great RECAROS!!!! I'll take it.

[Modified by quailallstar, 7:53 AM 11/26/2002]

<![CDATA[Here is the brake down of what he got.

2003 Silverstone 1.8T GLS with Gray Leather

Lux, Monsoon, Homelink, ESP, Tip, Cold Wheather PKG.

They thought about buying the Passat overthere but it came out to be more than what a GLS with all the bells and whistles was here in the states. =( Another issue is the warranty. Once that US passat crosses over to Europe the warranty is Void and Null and that sucks ass! I hope they can buy some sort of aftermarket warranty. Man that Passat sounds great RECAROS!!!! I'll take it.

[Modified by quailallstar, 7:53 AM 11/26/2002]

[Modified by quailallstar, 7:56 AM 11/26/2002]

Discussion starter · #16 ·
Re: Exporting Passat to Greece (b5_1.8T_GR)

Damn........more negative post than positive. My friends parents exported a 1996 Nissan Pathfinder and they didnt encounter any problems! Looks like with the Passat they will....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.