Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Cool. Anyone know if I somehow am able to have my 30v blow up while I'm in the car, if:
A:) The new engine will be covered under the 10/100?
B:) $350million is enough, or should I sue VW for more?

Oh, also, do you think it might be worthwhile to have some fresh MickyD's coffee with me? Or do you think it would be too hard to prove the coffee burned me and now the gaint fireball from the engine? I mean, it might be worth a try, right??
:lol: :lol: :crazy:

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
A-Tiller-the hun said:
that's plain bullshit...

how fast was she going when she swerved...?

i'm so sick of these fuckers trying to make a living of of other poeple's work... :mad:
You think those ambulance chaser lawyers would have anything to do with this ?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Sharky said:
Johnny B5.5 said:
Sharky said:
Ahem.

She's one vegetable I'd eat for half of $369 mil.
Yeah, the hardest thing about eating vegetables is getting them out of the wheelchair. :lol:

<<------Bound for Hell. :evil:
Hell won't be so bad...all our friends will be there!
My handbasket seats two, so if I go down, I'm taking someone with me!

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
you are dumb enought to try and swerve in any of those stupid SUVs and it rolls...you get what you deserve. Trucks do NOT handle like sports cars...don't expect them to. :mad: People seem to forget that an SUV isn't a cool looking car...it's a freakin' truck and will handle lik. Even the m"car basxed" Sdon't handle as well as their car siblings... :roll:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
The article is short on details. Two questions:

1) Did the explorer roll over before or after it left the pavement?

2) Swerving to avoid debris implies that the debris was not visible until the last moment. Why was it not visible to the driver?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
And you may wonder why lawyers do what they do..... How does a third of that sound to you?

My dad was in a (minor, thankfully) wreck a couple of weeks ago, and 2 days later, he gets letters from 2 different lawyers, and a chiropractor :evil:

·
Registered
334 Posts
That verdict will likely be appealed and reduced. I think it was an appropriate verdict against a company with a bad track record for vehicle safety. Most of that award was likely punitive damages. I would retire immediately if I could get a third of that verdict! :D

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Johnny B5.5 said:
Sharky said:
Ahem.

She's one vegetable I'd eat for half of $369 mil.
Yeah, the hardest thing about eating vegetables is getting them out of the wheelchair. :lol:

<<------Bound for Hell. :evil:
Whats the point, she wouldn't be able to feel anything anyway. Atleast eat someone that would appreciate it.

OK, Im joining you all in Hell now. :evil:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Car and Driver did a test of a Ford Explorer several years ago. I don't remember the specifics, but they tried to emulate a blow out at speed to see what would happen.

The driver had no idea when it would "blow", but each time he was easily able to control it with little driver skill involved.

The last run, they decided to slam on the brakes as hard as they could when the tire "blew". Figuring this sudden change in dynamics may trigger a skid, or lurid slide. It did nothing. Absolutely nothing. He even took his hands of the wheel when he slammed on the brakes...straight ahead, no fish tailing, etc.

C&D's conclusion...driver error, yanking the wheel in panic, causing the vehicle to become unstabilized, probably leading to driving off the road.

Amazing. People getting paid to screw up. Just one more example of the "I take no responsibility for myself" :thumbdow:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
B5_Passat said:
That verdict will likely be appealed and reduced. I think it was an appropriate verdict against a company with a bad track record for vehicle safety. Most of that award was likely punitive damages. I would retire immediately if I could get a third of that verdict! :D
I agree. The jury/judge were just trying to make a point. There IMHO is no way all said and done she will get over $20mil tops.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.