Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Ive been doing research on a suspension upgrade for my b5.5 passat, and although I was originally going to go with a suspension kit I have recently started looking at some coilover options.

There are Vogtland Coilovers for sale here on Passatworld, and they are priced very well, but I have not been able to find much info/opinions on these. Are they worth getting or should I just pay extra and get other brand coilovers?

If any of you have these installed on your passats or can attest to their quality from experience I would definitely appreciate it if you gave me your input.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,874 Posts
Never had Vogtlands coilovers, did have there springs paired with Koni struts. I have had Kw's and they are really nice.

If the link is to the mod bargains price I believe you can find other brands of the same or better quality for a better price, PM me for more info.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have vogtland coilovers. They are nice not to stiff but stiff enough. The fronts go real low only thing I wasn't happy with is the rear. The rear hardly lowers. I had to take the spindal out (so its just the spring). I want my rear lower too :(. Don't think they are put on wrong, becasue the guy of the phone told me that if the spindal is spun all the way down that is as low as they go ( I thought that is weird isn't not even low). If you sping the spindal up to raises the car. But over all they are nice ride and quality I think.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies, and thanks for the heads up on the rear lowering problem. I fixed the link and it is for the vogtland coilovers from modbargains, I have considered KW's but they seem to be on the more expensive side.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
u should buy purplezr2 coils he has Kws for sale at an excellent price. where r u located in nyc? join www.euconect.com thats our club if u need help installing it lemme kno
I dont live in NYC, i live on the Island but im in the city at least a week out of the month, i go there pretty often. Ill check out your website, interested in what the club is about. Thanks for the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts