Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to strip off my Passat logo... and my 20V emblem and my small "turbo" emblem... I hated the look.

So I ordered another Passat emblem from my dealer (less than 20 bucks..surprising..) and being in an incredible hurry to put it back on the car, I fubar'd it up. (and I thought I had a good eye for balance)

So, needless to say, over the next few days it really began to bug me. I decided to purchase some double-sided tape and rebadge my car. I started by putting the 20V back on. So far so good. I then rebadged the passat emblem by lining it up with the small marks left from the original badge. It looks pretty good, but a few letters are slightly off...nothing anyone but myself would ever notice.

So my debadging turned into a debadge/rebadge/redebadge/rebadging (deep breath.)

But it got me to thinking... what fun would it be to mix up the letters a bit? Maybe take some other OEM emblems and have some fun... Here are a few that might work. :lol:

OEM:

- PASTAS
- [email protected]
- @SSPAT

Or for some real fun, throw in a TDI and a MULTIVAN emblem:

PASSNDIE

Maybe some FSI action too:

[email protected]

Okay, So I'm bored. :roll:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Rubber345 said:
So my debadging turned into a debadge/rebadge/redebadge/rebadging (deep breath.)
Wouldn't that be rerebadging?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Rubber345 said:
So I decided to strip off my Passat logo... and my 20V emblem and my small "turbo" emblem... I hated the look.

So I ordered another Passat emblem from my dealer (less than 20 bucks..surprising..) and being in an incredible hurry to put it back on the car, I fubar'd it up. (and I thought I had a good eye for balance)

So, needless to say, over the next few days it really began to bug me. I decided to purchase some double-sided tape and rebadge my car. I started by putting the 20V back on. So far so good. I then rebadged the passat emblem by lining it up with the small marks left from the original badge. It looks pretty good, but a few letters are slightly off...nothing anyone but myself would ever notice.

But it got me to thinking... what fun would it be to mix up the letters a bit? Maybe take some other OEM emblems and have some fun... Here are a few that might work. :lol:

OEM:

- PASTAS
- [email protected]
- @SSPAT

Or for some real fun, throw in a TDI and a MULTIVAN emblem:

PASSNDIE

Maybe some FSI action too:

[email protected]

Okay, So I'm bored. :roll:

lol yep, im sure everyone whos debadged has thought of the differnt ass words possible :lol:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
There was a picture a while back of someone that rebadged their car to say Pat Ass. I will post it if I ever find it.

·
Registered
432 Posts

r3awak3n's, not my post.

steve

·
Registered
531 Posts
When I bought my car they shipped it in from out of state on a truck. The drivers didn't speak very fluent english and the paperwork said "delivered one PASTA" So I was thinking about using that on my badge.
But actually my next step is to buy another set of letters and add an S instead of the first A so it says PSSSAT

·
Registered
124 Posts
Debadge partial

What I did was take off the P in the beginning and the AT in the end of the word Passat, so it just says ASS. Gotta love that booty! :lol:

·
Registered
745 Posts
yeah. I got my PASSAT letters in my room and everytime someone comes by they always re arrange it and call me to tell me that it spells something with ass. That picture steve posted was the first day i debadged my car and my friend spelled that :) everyone that debadged did definatly re arranged the letters... Spelling ASS or other words in the back of the car is funny but i think you will get tired of it.
I just love my debadged rear!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nothin like reheating a year-and-a-half-old post, but in my search for "debadge" and "rebadge" this came up. Yeah, kinda funny.

I was thinking a trip to the junkyard for another PASSAT and a TDI could give:

ITAPDATASS

But that would look a little long...

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
If you realy wanted to you could get a few sets from a junk yard

put some fridge magenet stuff on them and arrange them diffrently everyday

·
Registered
383 Posts
These letters should all be available:

A B C D E F G I J L N O P S T Y X

Is there a source for a full alphabet kit?

You can also stick a little rabbit on there...

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
These letters should all be available:

A B C D E F G I J L N O P S T Y X

Is there a source for a full alphabet kit?

You can also stick a little rabbit on there...
Thread....by the power of ClubB5...I command you to ARISE! :D

Several other letters are available, too, from Euro models (BORA, for example). Most of the alphabet. Member "cullen" (Cullen Holm) has/had a site that sold a lot of the imports. Or you can try ebay...but it might get expensive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My grandma called my car a Passant when I first got it :crazy:
But that would actually be quite funny to see on the back of a Passat XD

·
Registered
9,106 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
A friend of mine sent me a link to a company that would make any badge you wanted... I think they made the apropriate letters that VW hadn't already.
When I got the car, I toyed with the idea of getting a LOWAGEN or WAGENWAGON badge..

I'm off to hunt through my bookmarked pages to find that link..

Found it!

Click on 'badge your car' on the left.

http://www.germanplates.com/

It'll give you a preview of what the badge will look like.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts