Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Has anyone used this? Like/don't like?
2. Is 3500lb capacity unit safe for Passat wagon, which is just over that? (Probably yes.)
3. Can I "store" the unit by leaving it on the garage floor and just parking over it?
4. Other comments?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
2. Is 3500lb capacity unit safe for Passat wagon, which is just over that? (Probably yes.)
3. Can I "store" the unit by leaving it on the garage floor and just parking over it?
4. Other comments?
There’s a guy (Ferdman) on a Mercedes forum who got one. He was happy with it, but said it was a bit short for his MB so he used some steel channel pieces to ensure it reached to his jack points.

·
Registered
330 Posts
4. Other comments?
1. Yes. Very useful. Worked really well on my B5, especially with the space constraints i had in my shop
2. Pretty sure i went with the ‘5000’ series XL model.
3. Yes
4. The company is quite good with the customer service aspects. One of my original quick release connectors was faulty. They sent out another for free almost immediately. No questions asked. My garage is transformed by this. If you can’t fit a full lift in your space, I’d highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Moderator/Administrator
26,307 Posts
As soon as I can earmark $1300 or so, I am seriously considering this. The older I get, the more I want to make working in my cars easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Comparing the Max Jax to the Quick jack.

Both will get the car up to a height that it will be easier to work under and lifting up to a comfortable height to work from above without having to bend over so far. But The MJ would be the best for working under due to it lifting the car higher.

The Quick jack would be more in the way as far as access from the sides so you are forced to go from the front or rear only. MJ allows access from all around. I like the idea you can move the MJ stands off to the side along with the mounting bolts mount into the ground so when you move the stands for storage you aren't left with bolts sticking out of the ground creating a trip hazard. Only downfall I see when you remove them for storage they seem to take up a lot of wall space.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Originally purchased the Quickjack 5000SLX to work with my 2004 VW Passat 4Mo. But with Votex sideskirts, the lifting points are recessed about 2 inches deeper than the sideskirts and at set points , plus there are just at the limit of the lifting trays for the Quickjack. The quickjack moves in an arc when lifting, which meant it won't work for me. :thumbdown

I ended up selling it went it also did not work on my other "toy". They now have a revised version that works on that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.