Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kinda like that sound, and wondering what brand exhaust will give some similar sound...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Haha, funny... thats actually the only thing about those cars that I DON'T like. It sounds too ricy for me. If your looking for something loud, I think brullen makes a pretty loud exhaust, what kinda engine do you have?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I agree, the exhaust on the 350Z is way to tinny and high-up, you'd think a 3.5L engine would have more growl than that. If you have a 1.8T engine in your passat, good luck trying to get any nice sound out of that, it will always be a small 4-cyl. The V6 however, is really nice. A co-worker put a Borla (?) system on his Audi and it sounds real nice... a deeper growl on accelleration, but not too boomy or ricey.

·
Registered
234 Posts
brianj1591 said:
I agree, the exhaust on the 350Z is way to tinny and high-up, you'd think a 3.5L engine would have more growl than that. If you have a 1.8T engine in your passat, good luck trying to get any nice sound out of that, it will always be a small 4-cyl. The V6 however, is really nice. A co-worker put a Borla (?) system on his Audi and it sounds real nice... a deeper growl on accelleration, but not too boomy or ricey.
True dat.
To get the sound, you'll need a V6.
Turbo motors muffle the exhaust pulses.
No joy.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Oettinger Exhaust has the same sound as the FX and the 350Z. Those Exhausts are called "Free Flow Exhausts" due to the lack of restriction of air flow they allow. They allow all air to be pushed out of the Exhaust!!! Great soudn at higher RPM's.

www.oettingerstore.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
djskribble705
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing