Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 02 passat wagon 1.8t auto i was thinking of getting and exhaust for it. i've heard alot of volkswagons that sound real nice but never know which exhaust they had.
check this link out this guy took out the suitcase muffler out and just welded a pipe in it's place. would my car sound similar, this type of sound is what i'm shooting for. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7mSh9-DgEs

also any exhaust suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
check out Remus nice stuff
Yes, Remus stuff is nice! I have a Remus muffler and love it!

Techtonics Tuning seems the most common around here. Nueuspeed is also common. Others are Jextex, milltek, Greddy.
Techtonics Tuning is great too. My Exhaust is Techtonics Tuning from the cat-back, into a Remus muffler. It has an amazing sound. Mellow sound, nothing loud, but under WOT it sounds amazing! Very very good Euro sound!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Milltek is also very nice ;-)

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
you are not getting that sound... period
Hes right, that guy is rockin a 3.6L V6.... the new BEAST engine. your 1.8 is a 4 cylinder, so it is going to be very hard to get that sound with simple modifications like that guy made. You will have to do a full exhaust setup to get good sounds IMO

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks guys, i'm really looking for that euro sound so if anyone has any used exhausts please let me know [email protected]. i don't like the look of the neuspeed dtm exhaust but remus had a dual tip i'll love so if you have and want to sell it let me know.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
just a warning. i thought loud/aggressive exhausts were cool at first but after driving with friends in the car, and the droning was so bad (gets worse with more ppl in car), i found it to be too much for my tastes. try to find something that sounds very subtle b/c at wot, different systems can get ridiculously loud, and loud doesn't necesasrily mean good.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
go with techtonics tuning. the first time i heard that exhaust i had to have that sound, no matter what other exhausts were out there. may sound somewhat naive, but i'm completely happy with my choice. i later heard the remus exhaust, and i must say i like that sound as well. techtonics is very aggressive, the remus sound is more even, and smooth sounding. you can also try and add a ventury. this will help to dampen the sound a bit. my techtonics had one when first purchased, but i wanted a louder sound so i took that out. i did feel a bit more oomph, when i that was removed, so there might be a performance benefit or restriction with this. ask around.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
go with techtonics tuning. the first time i heard that exhaust i had to have that sound, no matter what other exhausts were out there. may sound somewhat naive, but i'm completely happy with my choice. i later heard the remus exhaust, and i must say i like that sound as well. techtonics is very aggressive, the remus sound is more even, and smooth sounding. you can also try and add a ventury. this will help to dampen the sound a bit. my techtonics had one when first purchased, but i wanted a louder sound so i took that out. i did feel a bit more oomph, when i that was removed, so there might be a performance benefit or restriction with this. ask around.
eh, i have to chime in b/c i hear this way too often and it makes NO sense. how does a remus sound???

it's just a muffler. you replace your stock system with a remus and you'll hear ZERO difference. when you hear remus on others' systems, they most likely when custom piping and/or removed resonator, so what you hear is a product of no resonator or addition of glasspack.

i think remus makes one system and its so ridiculously priced, nobody has ever bought it. and if its just midpipe and muffler... and iirc, its for the 4motion.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Are you supposed to take out the middle muffler and replace it with some pipe when installing a Remus?
read what i wrote above this post but it comes down to your personal preference. but at the end of the day, the remus (at least for our cars) is a $300 pretty muffler with no performance gains.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts