Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have the TT w/DP and I thought it was loud at first but I have gotten use to it. The DP is a must if you ask me. The car pulls like a monster!! I've heard the Brullen, supersprint, and Milteks are quieter. See if there are any members in your area that wouldn't mind taking you for a ride to hear what an after market exhaust sounds like.

Good Luck

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
If you think a Passat has too many exhaust options, you should try looking at exhaust options for an MKIV...or better yet...a Honda Civic.

I had a Brullen and really liked it. Its nice and soft at idle...then the has a nice growl at WOT. It was bought on a groupbuy and I paid 750 for the exhaust and downpipe.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
I recently installed a TT with a Borla on a friends Jetta. It's is such a well engineered assembly and was very easy to install with the car on just jackstands. It took me less that 2 hours total shop time to remove the old system and install the whole thing and that included cutting the rear valance and installing tips. I'd highly recommend the TT with Borla and the sound is sweet.

I wish my Neuspeed was half well designed for serviceablity and installation.

Scott

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have a custom built exhaust,in stainless steel.After the 70mm turbo flange it tapers to 76mm untill under the car where the 70mm OEM cat is relocated.Cat is welded to the 70mm catback.Right after that and in about the middle of the "tunnel",a silencer is placed.The big and heavy Oem silencer is removed being replaced by the shortest possible pipe.The rear silencer is replaced by an improved one,lighter with plenty of rockwool for sound dumpening and with a straight through pipe.The end muffler is OEM look but comprised of 2x70mm downlooking pipes.Sound is littlebit louder than stock (low bass),plus u can hear the turbo wheeeeeeen now,Bosst increased by 3psi.
General impression?SUPER!

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
I have the full TT SS catback exhaust with TT SS down pipe and Borla muffler. IMHO it is too loud. I think a different muffler may help.

Any suggestions??

What do you Bruellen folks use for a muffler?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I know you guys are talking 1.8T here, but I'm looking into a catback for my V6, and was looking at Brullen, but lately I've been thinking of exploring other options. I was thinking of ordering s.s. tubing from someone like magnaflow and then getting a rear section from remus or maybe a universal muffler from eurosport ( i figure they would be cheapest and I always like they're sound on the 4cyl. and VR6). I don't think the remus would be to loud for my tastes without a resonator ( I'm thinking of eliminating that ) but does anyone have experience with eurosports exhaust systems? Is one of they're universal mufflers gonna be to loud without a resonator?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everybody for your input :thumbup:
But where are the milltek owners i need some feedback from them :nervous:
One more question, If I ordered a cat-back with downpipe would replacing the cat up the power and make it a complete exhaust job? :???:

·
Registered
718 Posts
it would, but you'll prolly kill some of your bottem end power by eliminating it, it would probably make it even lowder, and it wouldn't pass emissions...althought I don't know what they're like over there in germany.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
i've heard that some people like jetex as well. it looks like a decent system and is suppose to be quiter than the neuspeed and TT. i'm looking into getting a jetex system so when i do i'll post what i think about it :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.