Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have an '04 GLX, and was wondering if my tails are prewired with fogs? I was thinking about a euroswitch, but would like to take advantage of the rear fog part option.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't think so, but
take out your bulbholder on the passenger side and take a look at pin labeled NSL - if there's a wire attached then yes you're previred especially if on your headlight switch NSL position is wired also.
BTW - if you wait for a week or two I'd have brand new euro switch for sale

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, so if I were to wire it up, which of the bulbs becomes the fog light anyway? The reverse light?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I see a red X instead of your pic, RL.

I don't have any pics of the rear fog lit up, but here's a link to a pretty thorough set of install pics. This guy modifies the existing bulb holder.

Rear Fog Install

You can do that, or replace the bulb holder with a Euro spec one.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
phive.5 said:
I see a red X instead of your pic, RL.

I don't have any pics of the rear fog lit up, but here's a link to a pretty thorough set of install pics. This guy modifies the existing bulb holder.

Rear Fog Install

You can do that, or replace the bulb holder with a Euro spec one.
It's Imagestation, try copying the link onto your browser.

Or try this...sorry...
http://www.b5one.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26

That works on my computer.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Weird, the first time, I didn't get a picture, this time I did. But either way, only the one light goes on for rear fogs?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got the pic now. Imagestation sure is fickle. I've seen the pic before anyway.

On a side note for RL: Are the 2 different color fog indicators on your Euroswitch Audi-specific? Or are all Euroswitches like that? I can't remember off-hand whether mine are the same or different like yours. I like the diiferent colors. And a sweet ride too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts