Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen this up here b4 just cant seem to find it again... im gonna be retro fitting a4 lower fog lights on my b5 passat wagon... that will be a job in it self but my actual question is, how to wire them to my euro switch so i can have the lower fog lights turn on when i turn on my city lights? ... i kno b5's have some sort of issue with doing that because i kno i cant do that with the stock fogs (located in the headlight) how can i get around it? thanks for your time!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Not sure why you don't think you can use the fog light wire from the headlight harness. The bulb in the headlight housing has three prongs, one of which engages a lower filament (fog light) and one that engages a higher filament (the high beam.) You need to take that fog light wire, run it to the fogs from the respective sides, and then run the ground wire to a ground. I don't think you need to modify anything that drastically.

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/61-b5-information-base/324552-diy-audi-a4-fogs-fitted-b5.html

·
I had a steering knuckle in my shed. Really!
4,159 Posts
You still need to bypass the B5 factory wiring that only lets the fogs turn on when the headlights are on. I did it on my 99 A4 so it should be similar on B5 Passats.

You have to get power to the fog light switch and jumper the fog light relay so it's always on. In the Audi I put switched power from 75X to the fog light fuse terminal. I also opened up the fog light relay and jammed the circuit closed with a small piece of wood. Now I can turn on the fogs (rear and front) whenever the car is running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts