Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes yes. i tried searching. i didnt find exactly what i was looking for though. what i want to know is what kind of paint i can use to paint them myself. i went to this falls show and go and saw this guy

.. i spoke to him for a sec about the rub stripes. he did them himself and they look GREAT. he said you can use paint that is used for grills. yes like BBQ grills lol. but i didnt get a name and ive been lookin for it. but not sure what to get. anyone have any idea where i can get paint that will give a textered look like the lower valences?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
If you want to texture yourself, like I did back in the day on our MKIII, use SEM texture paint. You can get it at any body shop supply house. Hope that helps.

Michael

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help. yea i would rather do it myself while learning something then paying 250 for them. i shoulda stole or bought the rub stripes while i was in portugal this past summer haha

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
shit i never though of the bedliner haha. im gonna go with the legit shit. the texture paint from a body shop. if its not to expensive. and also wats the best way to prep them? just to make sure.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
They make a spray that is a bonding agent for plastic painting. Just ask the supply house when you buy the texture paint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts