1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can this be put into a W8 without additional mods, or would I have to do additional work to get that kind of functionality?

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
nope... they are the same. Some light's did not come with them though, so it's just a matter of assuring the motors are there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
well I can visually see them (the lights) go up and down every time I start the car, so I would assume the motors are there :lol:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
pass-variant said:
You need the motors on each headlamp too.
There sensors and/or gyros that have to be installed as well inline with the rheostat and leveling motors, TMK. This is one of my next mods later this year.

·
6,165 Posts
There is automatic and manual leveling.

Manual level requires only the rheostat, for auto leveling, you dod not need the rheostat, but all the other hardware.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
pass-variant said:

Manual level requires only the rheostat, for auto leveling, you dod not need the rheostat, but all the other hardware.
Do the Euro bi-xenons come with the motors? I have always wondered but never really cared. What do the motors look like?

·
needs more cowbell
5,945 Posts
did the W8 have auto-leveling?

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
What do I need to look for? I have the e-code bi-xenons but I don't know where the levelers are or what I shoudl be looking for. I won't be able to look for a couple of months but I figure now is the time for the reasearch.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The euro-spec bi-xenons DO have the motors, IIRC. They just need the sensors and other hardware to support them.

That's what I have, and want to do the automatic path- cool to know I don't have to have the rheostat, but kinda wish I could get it anyway just to add another red light control to my dashboard. :p

·
6,165 Posts
I have the e-code halogen projectors (Hella), and they came with the leveling motors.

Look for the motor on the back side (facing motor) bottom of the housing. They stick out about an inch and have a plug on them. If you do not have them, there will be a flush plug where the motor should be. The lower gimbal mount attaches to the motor (or plug if it's not there, and therefor fixed).

·
Registered
930 Posts
pass-variant said:

EDIT
never mind, looks like installing the auto leveling is way too expensive and time consuming, i'll pass.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts