Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CCM complains about an unknown turn switch condition.
Pulled one error code:

01131 - Control Circuit for Turn Signals : Unknown Switch Condition

Also the door locks are acting weird, locking and unlocking "twice" when using the fob.

All applicable fuses are good. I have tried to swap out all locks and the ccm, to no avail.
Lock/unlock confirmation blinking is turned on, but they do not blink.
Confimation horns only honk at unlock, not on lock.

As you see on the video and the log, the rear left door goes from safe to locked before the other doors upon unlocking

Have any of you had this issue? Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
Ghost in the machine? You’ve said you replaced the lock mechanism and ccm, so that only leaves the wiring. Perhaps get out your multimeter and start testing wires. I’m not the expert here, but there could be a short? Possible water corrosion under the mats? Time to pull the seats and floor carpet?

Reactions: Duusduus

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ghost in the machine? You’ve said you replaced the lock mechanism and ccm, so that only leaves the wiring. Perhaps get out your multimeter and start testing wires. I’m not the expert here, but there could be a short?
That is going to be my next move, just had a little hope there could be some magic solution that would not require me to disassemble half of the interior.. hehe

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I'm not sure if your car has more than one CAN bus (it would help to post details....) but the electronic part of the ABS controller often fails and floods the CAN bus with bogus messages. I don't think that's your problem but thought I'd mention it.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Ghost in the machine? You’ve said you replaced the lock mechanism and ccm, so that only leaves the wiring. Perhaps get out your multimeter and start testing wires. I’m not the expert here, but there could be a short? Possible water corrosion under the mats? Time to pull the seats and floor carpet?
add to this....... you replaced CCM ,however did you check wire splices and the ground points below the "dead pedal" that stud always gets corroded. Next check the drivers side plug in connections for locking and windows in the driver's side A pillar. Since all the window commands pass through/to drivers door console AND the fact that that the driver's door is used the most, the wires that are contained in the rubber accordion boot between the chassis and door often fatigue and break and are intermittent in function as the wires touch then don't touch. As to the three other doors they plug in to a connector in the actual door jam itself , by carefully wiggling off the accordion boot on the other doors you will probably find water in them which corrodes the male/female connectors. First telltale sign you have bad connections in the other doors is a failing or erratic music speaker as their connections are along side the lock and window connections.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update; I have pulled the entire carpet and have started looking for broken wires. I can not find any broken wires, but it turns out with basically everything plugged out including the hazard switch, turn signal switch, ccm, etc etc, the black/white and black/green cables are in contact with each other somewhere in the car. They are supposed to supply power to each side of turn signals.

Do you guys have any tips to further isolate the problem?

·
Registered
9,907 Posts
Update; I have pulled the entire carpet and have started looking for broken wires. I can not find any broken wires, but it turns out with basically everything plugged out including the hazard switch, turn signal switch, ccm, etc etc, the black/white and black/green cables are in contact with each other somewhere in the car. They are supposed to supply power to each side of turn signals.

Do you guys have any tips to further isolate the problem?
How are you checking those wires ?
The Black/White and Black/Green wires both connect to ground through the flasher bulbs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How are you checking those wires ?
The Black/White and Black/Green wires both connect to ground through the flasher bulbs.
On today's episode of forgetting basics about electricity... You are right. The ground is the point they are coming in contact of course. Basically back to scratch now, so will keep searching for broken wires instead

1 - 10 of 10 Posts