Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still can’t get a full understanding of how or why I keep getting engine workshop codes and epc/mil on my 2.0 tsi. I’ve repinned the throttle body per tsb twice and purchased a new throttle body and still get these faults. Since the fuel pressure fault is intermittent and the throttle position sensor fault is static I am assuming that some electrical problem exists. Did I possibly put a bad splice on one of the connections or is there something else I need to look at? Any help is greatly appreciated
-------------------------------------------------------------- 01 Engine System description: MED17.5 TFSI 2,0 Software number: 06J906026AG Software version: 3319 Hardware number: 06J906026AF Serial number: VWZCZ000000000 Long coding: 0404010A19070160 Trouble codes: P119A - Fuel pressure sensor Malfunction Intermittent Priority: 0 Frequency counter: 2 Driving cycle: 255 Mileage: 210902 km Date: 2019-01-01 13:35:58 P0221 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch B Range/Performance static Priority: 0 Frequency counter: 1 Driving cycle: 255 Mileage: 210961 km Date: 2019-01-03 07:34:52

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As a follow up. Thinking it was an electrical fault, I started the engine and I went and wiggled and squeezed the crimps where I had previously spliced my tb wires per the tsb, and the engine stalled out and idled rough. One of the wires had totally corroded away and was shorting out. I cut fresh wire and spliced the new connection and ran a new tb adaptation but now the car is misfiring and is throwing tb faults and misfires. Did I somehow fry the throttle body electrics when I wiggled the wires?

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solved hopefully. Fyi in case someone else has same issue as me. I disconnected battery cables and touched them together (per humble mechanic video) and readapted tb. Runs now. Will post if faults return. Most important thing to check are those tiny wires for the tb harness. So brittle and prone to heat damage from engine and also easy to damage when heat shrinking new butt connections.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.