Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did my brakes yesterday and while working the battery charger turned off so the battery ran down. I got a slew of low voltage errors that I've been able to clear accept the EPB. Until now the EPB has worked like a charm so im wondering of im up shit creek when I go to the dealer on Monday. Are they going to be able to just rest the fault codes or am I buying new calipers and a control module?

I tried some methods to clear the code, but will try more today to see of I can get it. Fortunately the EPB is open so I can at least drive the car for now but im apprehens I've because I don't know of and when the EPB piston will come out the end of the hydraulic piston.

Any ideas from the people who've been here before? I'll be going to University Volkswagen in Seattle of that makes a difference.

· Registered
17 Posts
Terminal 30 reset needs to be done if I recall correctly. Took me several attempts to clear mine when I ran into this issue. The EPB is very voltage sensitive so recharge the battery and either have the car running or the charger connected when you go to clear the codes. Also check the ABS controller because sometimes it has faults that don't trigger the light.

· Registered
17 Posts
I ran into a similar issue w/ my 06 Passat. After clearing all the low voltage codes, I was stuck with both EPBs. After reading all the methods to perform the Terminal 30 reset (seems like its mainly a shorting of power to ground of the EPB controller) I was only ever able reset one of the sides. There are several things you can try, I don't remember them all now, v b Chil-n gives a couple. You can find more by searching the forum.

After weeks of driving w/ the continuous beeping, I decided to take it into the dealer to get a SW upgrade performed on the EBP controller. Even after the update, the dealer was unable to clear the code. I ended up buying a used controller (same part#) off Ebay, and once replaced I've been trouble free.

Good luck,
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.