Just bolted on some new rims/tires today;

Wheels:
Enkei Rsv (Bronze)
17x7, ET35mm (no rubbing)

Tires:
Falken Ziex ZE-512
235-45-ZR17

Drove to the city today and the ride is very smooth! :whistle:

I did NOT go with 18" rims nor lowering it due to rough road conditon and snowy winter here in NYC and this is my daily driver. :D

PS. I noticed the rims looks like 16" in the picture I guess due to me not lowering it and the design of the spokes which did not go all the way to the edge of the rim hence the smaller look illusion. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Wheels look cool except the Bronze part.

Regular painted silver would have been awesome, it would have matched the silver trim on the car.

·
Registered
249 Posts
going for a rally look? hehe

yea that smaller rim problem exists with mine too, if u notice, mine look like 17, they are 18 lol

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Wheels look cool except the Bronze part.

Regular painted silver would have been awesome, it would have matched the silver trim on the car.
You should change the silver trim to bronze, I think that would look hot. I always liked black and bronze.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
meh the passat b6 eats rims like nothing..they look too small. I woulda gone with 19;s or 20's

but i see its the rally look your going for in that case :thumbup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
looks very good! IMHO the whole 19-20" inch wheel arguments are over the top, performance and ride quality should always be considered when making changes unless its a "show" car. Its simply not possible for the 19 or 20 inch wheels to improve either.

If I remember correctly you purchased one of the magnetic hood covers, if so hows that working out

·
Registered
249 Posts
i've been running 512's on my car for the last 15k miles.....from day one it's been loud as heck, are u experiencing the same thing?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks very good! IMHO the whole 19-20" inch wheel arguments are over the top, performance and ride quality should always be considered when making changes unless its a "show" car. Its simply not possible for the 19 or 20 inch wheels to improve either.

If I remember correctly you purchased one of the magnetic hood covers, if so hows that working out
Thanks....in fact, each wheel and tire combo ONLY weights 40 Lbs (17.5 Lbs on wheel and 22.5 Lbs on tire) which is less than the stock 17". :lol:

The Magnetbra ( www.magnetbra.com ) is wonderful, love it, got a lot of compliments and they all thought it was OEM. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i've been running 512's on my car for the last 15k miles.....from day one it's been loud as heck, are u experiencing the same thing?
No...mine are quite....at least quiter than the stock Michelins...... so far so good........wonder how they'll do during snow! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts