Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I have seen the write-ups online regarding replacing the engine valve gasket cover in the 2.0T. The top of my engine looks considerably different than what I'm seeing in the youtube videos.

Does anyone have a write-up or video on replacing the engine valve cover gasket in my B6 2.0T TSI?

I am leaking oil on at least one of the coil packs. I also some oils on the front and back of the engine which seems to be seeping out the head cover gasket.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any feedback on this? You can see the oil all over the place in the picture. How concerned should I be?

·
Registered
2010 Passat Wagon 2.0t
15 Posts
clean the engine and then add a bottle of AT-205 ($10 on amazon). I know it sounds like snake oil but it worked for me on a rear main seal on my S500 mercedes. I have/had a very small leak on my Passat and I put a bottle of AT-205 in a few days ago when i did an oil change and the leak appears to have stopped. It's worth a try for $10.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
just get a new valve cover gasket, on a scale of 1-10 mechanical ability I would say it is a 3. What year ?,looks like a TSI

1 - 4 of 4 Posts