Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any ideas what could be wrong?

i'm getting my car together and today i finally tried to drive it and i'm not getting any boost to the engine and when i release the throttle i get a huge blow off valve sound. i cant find any loose hoses, i'll be putting it on the diagnostic computer tomorrow
new mods include:
new head
new k04
evoms intake
forge dv
5 bar fpr
TT 2.5 cat back

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Sounds like a BIG boost leak. :shock:

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Slow and furious. :D

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
try to trigger the noise while looking into the engine bay to find where the air is being released.
if your car in not DBW . use the the end of the cable . if not maybe a friend can hit the gas while you look at it.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is non dbw so i can move the throttle myself. it's definitaley coming from the turbo side. i just couldnt see anything leaking. i have a turbo heat wrap on my turbo, i was thinking maybe its cathing on the wastegate rod and holding it open? would it make that sound? it sounds like i have a loud blow off valve.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
I don't think it will boost in P or N. No load, no boost. You might catch it like that if it's a vacuum or exhaust leak, but from what you described it sounded like a boost leak.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
I don't think it will boost in P or N. No load, no boost. You might catch it like that if it's a vacuum or exhaust leak, but from what you described it sounded like a boost leak.
it will boost at neutral . not to much but it will ,if it is making noise when you released the throtlle . it might be the DV . or between DV and intake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts