Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The VW emblem of the engine cover came off and broke, i'm trying to get a new one but i can't find anything. do you guys now where i can find one for a reasonable price???? i have a 02 glx

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I recently inquired about one at the Stealership for my 99 and the parts guy checked and said that I would most likely need ot buy the whole engine cover.
I'm not sure I buy that story. I still have my original but it's starting to look a bit rough so I'd like to replace it sometime.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The VW emblem of the engine cover came off and broke, i'm trying to get a new one but i can't find anything. do you guys now where i can find one for a reasonable price???? i have a 02 glx

Pretty inexpensive at the dealership parts counter. Try this part #: 038103940F

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Pretty inexpensive at the dealership parts counter. Try this part #: 038103940F

That's the part number. I just did a bit of research and found it as well. I was not looking too hard before now since I still have my original but after I read this thread I started looking. The new one will be Blue and White, the originals were Black and White like the one on my car now. I think they are about $17.00.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mine is now yellow and white after beiing stuck between the engine and the heat shield by the turbo for about two years. I just fond it when i replaced my valve cover gasket.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The new one will be Blue and White, the originals were Black and White like the one on my car now. I think they are about $17.00.
Somebody recently mentioned that all VW stocks is the blue and white emblem, but I seem to remember the black & white also being available. If I can locate the part # for it I will post it up.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Mine is now yellow and white after beiing stuck between the engine and the heat shield by the turbo for about two years. I just fond it when i replaced my valve cover gasket.
Same exact thing happened to me. I noticed the emblem was gone at last OC, and a few weeks later found it down by the heat shield. I haven't replaced it.

Do you think the Passat will notice the emblem missing, and start running like a rice rocket or something? God, I hope not - my other car is a rice rocket already.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Only other part number I came across was 06A 103 940 G. Turns out it's blue/white as well. I believe it's from the diesel engine cover.

·
Banned
2,410 Posts
I used a dab of high temp silicone on the back of my new engine emblem.

So far so good.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Mine is Blue and White and my car is an '03 1.8T (build 2/03)...maybe has to do with the year?

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,294 Posts
Get an Audi engine cover, and mess with peoples heads.
"Yeah - it's got an Audi engine in it!"
Hmmm.....I might switch mine with the wifes Audi one. Then take hers to the dealer for the next free service. It would be funny to see what they say....:biglaugh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts