Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, im about to get the APR chip for my beloved :b5: and i cant wait, just to make sure everything is right i need to know where im going to find my engine ecu number, i have a 98 1.8T so i should have the 8D0 907 557 P i think...but im not sure, it says make sure, so im just trying to figure out where im going to find it, thanks in advance for any replys

:b5: :shock: :b5:

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
You need thin 1/4" extension to get to the rear screw. To get to it stop the wipers in upright position. Then open the hood and remove the plastic plug on bottom of the windshield. The hole is smapp and normal size extension won't fit so you need the thin one. Sears carries it.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I've been told by a few of the chip companies that all the ECU's ending in 557 x and 558 x (x = any letter) are exchangeable. You just need to make sure it's set for tip or manual shift. I've had a chipped 558 M in place of my stock 557 P for 6 months now, and it works just fine. The chip manufacturer should be able to give you more info on this. As for finding your current number - it's really not a big deal to get the cover off to have a look. Really, it only takes a few minutes. It'll be good practice for when you get your chipped ECU!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.