Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! It’s finally warmed up enough to paint my engine covers and begin work on cleaning my VERY dirty engine. So I have a few questions...
i have a silver 2000 passat and I want to paint the engine covers red, would this look REALLY stupid on a silver passat? Anyone have a Picture? The heat shield that’s on the hood, looks very bad (has a hole in it in fact) so do I have to have it on or is it OK to take it off and leave it off (part # anyone) ok last question, the cover that goes over my air box, has a crack right down the middle anyone know a part number, if anyone want to know ho it happened one of my friends stepped on it (no small man)

I have done searches, just looking for some specific info!
Any additional help or tips on detailing the engine bay would be really great! :bow: :bow:

Thanks
Ethan

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
If you run a 1.8T, it is not reccomended that you take off your heat shield, as your performance will be affected. I don't know what it would look like with a red engine cover, in fact I don't really care what my engine looks like (I took off those covers). I think it's just personal preference :thumbup:

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
VWPassatGLX155 said:
If you run a 1.8T, it is not reccomended that you take off your heat shield, as your performance will be affected. I don't know what it would look like with a red engine cover, in fact I don't really care what my engine looks like (I took off those covers). I think it's just personal preference :thumbup:
How in a hell the heat shield on the back of the hood could afect the performance of the car?
I think it can mess up whith the paint cause it will make the hood too hot.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would really like to just replace the stupid thing, i'll call the VW stealership first thing on monday :thumbup:

still looking for more input, BUMP!!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I thought he meant the heatshield on the side of the engine which will increase airbox temperatures, now that I re-read it, the fabric thing above the engine on the back of the hood is mainly for noise I believe, it doesn't do all that much for heat. Correct me if I am wrong ... that is just my take on it all.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XedoS69 said:
here is how it looks on my silver 98
just to give you an idea
sorry for the low quality, I tried to cut down the file size to fit it on my limited (and almost full) web space

If you want I may paint them for you ;)

do you think the red would looks stupid? and do you charge to paint them? if it's not much i think it would be worth it to me

Thanks for the pic's and help! :bow:

PS - dude where is your battery in these pictures.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
do you think the red would looks stupid? and do you charge to paint them? if it's not much i think it would be worth it to me

Thanks for the pic's and help!

PS - dude where is your battery in these pictures.
It is up to you what color you want :) I've seen some blue covers on silver and red too. I think red is always hot :) I like the silver because it looks so clean and nice composes with the car color :)
It is up to you how many pieces you want to paint. If you want to drive the car send me the air box cover, engine cover and steering fluid cover and $30 + what ever the shipping to you zip will be (I may work out some discount on FedEx but is up to you if you want overnight or not)
If you want it all 4 pieces (everything as above+ intake pipe) send me $40 + shipping. The custom lettering would be included but if you want the intake in two colors like mine add $5 ;)
Send me you zip and email so I can send you some good quality pics.

The battery is there look under the windshield :lol:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i will have to get a new cover for the airbox, one of my friends stepped on mine :mad: So you will more than likley be hearing from me in a couple of weeks, im trying to save up for new rims right now :D

You can email me that pic's at [email protected]
Thanks! :bow:

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Here is red

And if you do a search I posted instructions on how I painted them

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jesstzn said:
Here is red

And if you do a search I posted instructions on how I painted them

Already Found it, and saved it in word for safe keeping! Good looking engine bay, i think i will go with the red 8) 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
turbo2000
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing