Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a B5.5, a GLX wagon. About two months ago, I noticed a noise coming from behind the dashboard, in the radio area... it's like servo motors that are constantly working, as if the ventilation settings were being changed. It's very quiet, but... it's happening all the time!

As long as the ignition is on, it's happening. Regardless of whether the engine is on, or I'm idling, or I'm driving on the highway. No warning lights or anything of the sort have appeared, and everything seems to work perfectly. Help! I don't want to pay the dealership $80 for a diagnostic trouble code. Anyone have any insight into this conundrum?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the reason I feel it's a malfunction is that the sound never goes away. I have turned the climate control off, fiddled with every possible fan and directional setting, and still the noise persists. I didn't notice this sound when I first bought the car, but that doesn't mean it didn't exist back then, either.

I suppose bringing the car to the dealer will put this situation to rest.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
If its still going on with it off, you ahve some other issue (or a really, really buggy climatronic ;) ) then.
Can't think of what it would be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Climatronic constantly makes a noise - it comes from the little fan behind the temperature sensor, just to the side of the display screen. Passenger side is fine, but the drivers side sounds like the fan is on it's way out. Only time it shuts up is when I cover the intake with my finger or the radio drowns it out....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts