Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all.

First of all: Happy new year 2007!

Now, after a lot of kilometers of paper about ECUs ... I've found on a site (openobd.org) the explanation of the bit concerned to the ECUs Long-Coding.

Now, I know that the long coding bits can bit modified with the sw: Lcode.exe gived together with the lasts version of the VAG-COM.

I have an old VAG-COM that doesn't has this program.
How can I modify the log-code of the ecu ? Which SW can I use ?

i.e. I found togheter with a lot of other functions these ones:

- Emergency Brake Flash
- Activations of both Rear Fog Lights
- Reverse driving ligh off when read lid open
- Front fog lights deactivated with high beam
- cold Diagnosis for:
- License Plate Lights active
- Brake Lights active
- Front Fog Lights active
- Rear Fog lights active
- High beam active
- turn signals active
- back ligh active
- low beam active
- front parking lights active
- diagnosis for rear parking lights active
- comfort turning signals
- rear wiper with fron wiper intermittent active
- rear wiper with front wiper continiously active
- coming home ????
- Assistance driving light & leaving home ????

... and more more.

waiting for your help ...

Enrico.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
are you sure this is for the b5? it doesn't use CAN based diagnostics.

{Long Coding} New models, especially those with CAN-bus based diagnostics, use the so called long coding.
A hexadecimal group of Bytes is shown, which needs to be split into its single Bytes/Bits, this will be described in the following example.
http://en.openobd.org/faq.htm

Cars like the mkv jetta/gti/rabbit, b6 passat,8p a3 use CAN based diagnostics, and have long coding.

take a look at this if you're interested in the long coding:

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223204

·
Registered
332 Posts
Vag

Hummm, I wonder if the "Coming home", and "Leaving home" function you mentioned is Headlight activation when you unlock and lock your car doors with the remote? Very interesting. Another german car company used to call it "follow me home" or something like that. I wouldn't mind having that functionality.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry friends ... but the enphasis is big ... You have right!

My B5.5 has not the Ecu at address (09) but has the can-bus and must support the log-code.

... is this true ?

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Hummm, I wonder if the "Coming home", and "Leaving home" function you mentioned is Headlight activation when you unlock and lock your car doors with the remote? Very interesting. Another german car company used to call it "follow me home" or something like that. I wouldn't mind having that functionality.
on my mkv gti pk0, coming home is when, if you leave your headlight switch in the on position and remove the key, then the HIDs will stay on for a minute or two, then shut off. leaving home is when your HIDs turn on when you unlock the car with the remote.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Sorry friends ... but the enphasis is big ... You have right!

My B5.5 has not the Ecu at address (09) but has the can-bus and must support the log-code.

... is this true ?
according to Ross-tech, the b5/5.5 does not use CAN for diagnostics

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/canbus.html

it's simple to check though, so why not just get a vag-com cable and try it?

·
Registered
332 Posts
on my mkv gti pk0, coming home is when, if you leave your headlight switch in the on position and remove the key, then the HIDs will stay on for a minute or two, then shut off. leaving home is when your HIDs turn on when you unlock the car with the remote.
OH cool, I had no idea VDub was using that feature.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this is a euro feature and not offered on stock us-spec cars, but the vag-com can fix that :thumbup:
This feature is interesting also for me (i'm in Italy).
Can you tell me how to enable it ?

I've seen that on my OBDII connector there are present more than (-), (+),(K-Line) wires. Seems to be there are also other 2 o 3 wires ..... can be the CAN ?

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
This feature is interesting also for me (i'm in Italy).
Can you tell me how to enable it ?

I've seen that on my OBDII connector there are present more than (-), (+),(K-Line) wires. Seems to be there are also other 2 o 3 wires ..... can be the CAN ?
like i said before, that was on a mkv gti, and on my car, alls you had to do was use the long coding. just check coming and leaving home in the central electronics, and change the instruments to the euro code.

you should e-mail ross-tech the question regarding the k line and CAN, or post on the 'tex vag-com forum:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=510

1 - 12 of 12 Posts