Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 B5 wagon 4motion V6 I have a yellow warning engine light that says "EMISSIONS WORKSHOP". Does anyone know what this means or what exactly it points too? I appreciate any info you can give.

·
Registered
437 Posts
It could be a number of things from a bad MAF to a loose gas cap. If you can get your codes pulled that would help with pin pointing the problem. Autozone in my area will scan your car for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
MAF is a "Mass Airflow Sensor". I really couldn't give you any details, but is basically part of the car's computer system that helps to regulate emmisions. other people on this forum will be more helpful. good luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh well the light has gone off on its on, after a couple of days, so does that mean it may have been the gas I recieved at a certain station? I refueled and soon after it went off. I wonder?

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
actually the dealer is required by law to cover it under warranty. 7rs 80k miles. Go to a dealer, it'll cost you nothing. I've had the light come on 4 times so far, all different issues. Faulty coolant temp sensor, 2ndary air injection pump, misfiring in the engine, faulty cats.

Dave

·
Registered
433 Posts
especially being that the light went off after your next fill up.
I would think that you didn't click the gas cap tight (3 clicks).

But being that you can get the code pulled for free - might as well get it done, just ot be on the safe side.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
crew217 said:
actually the dealer is required by law to cover it under warranty. 7rs 80k miles. Go to a dealer, it'll cost you nothing. I've had the light come on 4 times so far, all different issues. Faulty coolant temp sensor, 2ndary air injection pump, misfiring in the engine, faulty cats.

Dave

You must have a better dealer than I know of. My dad fought that battle when the EVAP canister or something blew up, causing the light to go on. He didn't win..and believe me he's persistent. They actually asked him to go somewhere else for service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.