Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone please tell me what to check, what to fix...
the car is vw passat year 2000 1.8t, atw engine code and has about 80k miles
i recently got the engine code and it's showing :
P1113 O2S Sensor Heater Resistance Too High Bank 1 Sensor 1
P1128 Long Term Fuel Trim B1 System Too Lean
also the EMISSION WORKSHOP keeps popping up ( not going away).
i am in PENNSYLVANIA and i need to get the car inspected, could this codes( or what cause it) fail the car for the emission inspection
i cleared the codes but nothing changed...
what do i start with?
thank you for your help

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Is "about" under or over. If under, go to the dealer. The required federal emmisions warranty is 80,000. They should cover the O2 sensor. The fuel trim issue may not be covered.

If you want to check the sensor yourself, it's an oval connector attached to the firewall. There are two, so make sure you are checking the one closest to the turbo. If you have a six pin connector, check between pins 3 and 4. If you have a 4 pin connector check between pins 1 and 2. The resistance should be between 2.5 and 10 ohms.

For the other issue, look for things like broken vacuum lines. Could be a leaky intake manifold too. If it were a fuel delivery problem, you'd probably notice a performance drop. Do you?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thank you for the fast reply
my PAINSAT:( has 79.800 and i am the second owner( bought it two months ago from private seller) and i really dont know if the warranty covers it or not.
i have a sensor with 4 pin connector and it's showing 10 ohms

the car runs a bit rough,when i am going up the hill or on acceleration it feels like i am using a bike ( almost no power)
i also have vag-com software...is there a way to find out the exact problems, because all i did was AUTO SCAN and i got the 2 codes..

ps:i do not have a checking account or plastic cards, so i will not go to the dealer:lol:

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,264 Posts
The reason for going to the dealer is to get this covered for free with the federally-mandated 80K mile emissions warranty. The O2 sensor should be classified as an emissions component.

You have a bad or disconnected O2 sensor. The bad sensor is messing up the fuel trims, so the ECU is adding too much fuel to the engine because it thinks the engine is running too lean. Too much fuel is what's causing it to run rough and lack power.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot Rusty and TwoManyPassats
i will take the car to the dealer for inspection and hpefully i get lucky.
i'll let you know what happens.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL MEMBERS

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was a joke what i made about the dealer:)
i think i found a leak, after i took the picture, i covered it with electrical tape( for the moment) and i cleared the codes...the engine light did not come back or the emission workshop warning
can anyone please tell me what's the part name, it's located next to the air box( covered with wite and has two holes
http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/megrine/?action=view&current=100_4554.jpg

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
It's a check valve for your evap system and could very well be causing your lean condition. I'd still take it to the dealer for the O2 sensor. You have 200 miles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i did go to dealer for inspection...
the car passed only the emission .(when i am on my way back the engine light came back + emission workshop, can the leak cause the engine light) i did not have time to check the codes or talk to the dealer

anyway they told me the car needs the exhaust pipe replaced, because it has a leak.
needs upper rear pass side link , i checked ecstuning and all i found was front( i do not know what i am looking for or what it is).
front brake pads and rotors
they recommend right side tie rod (i just installed the left two days ago, i should have done both)
front alignment and turn signal bulb

total cost of $1504:cry: ( i took the car home)

one more thing , the invoice says:
c wk recall
s10 has open recall for fender well ordered parts. ????( what is this)

thank you for all your help

·
Registered
3,286 Posts

one more thing , the invoice says:
c wk recall
s10 has open recall for fender well ordered parts. ????( what is this)

thank you for all your help
If the RR tire shreds, the pieces could potentially slice the filler neck. They will install some sort of reinforcement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts