Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my car back from the dealership, took it in for the emissions workshop light. they replaced my vacume hose's and my o2 sensor. did it fix the problem?? HELL NO! any thoughts about what else it could be? they told me to bring it back on monday. thanks

·
Registered
26,826 Posts
Did they even reset the cel? It will stay after the problem is fixed. It clears after
the next 10-20 starts.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think that they did. when i picked it up it was off. i drove it for about 25 miles and it came on. well im sure i will start it about that over the weekend! thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
It is the Diverter valve. Buy a performance one and do it yourself. It's a simple fix, and then use a VAGCOM and clear the code yourself.

The Emission workshop error can be caused by anything.... vacuum hose, DV valve, O2 sensor... I guess your stealership have a bunch inexperience mechanics.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've had this "Emissions" light on for a while...came on right after I put in the K&N. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Early this week, my ignition switch went bad and I had it flatbedded to the dealer. I had them take care of any recalls that were on my car. There were only 2! The rear fenderwell, for the filler nozzle thing, and a vacuum hose. They did both and now the light is finally out! Thank God!

·
Registered
14 Posts
My emissions workshop message has been coming on for a couple of weeks. The stealership said it was the evaporative emission canister and a valve. I bought the parts today and am going to do it myself. The canister is supposed to be in the space that is the 'donut hole' of the spare tire housing but it's accessed from underneath. The valve is supposed to be in the engine compartment. Anyone know exactly where? I imagine it's by the air filter but I haven't gotten into it yet. Can't really tell from the schematic the parts guy gave me. I have part numbers if you want them.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Please post the part number and the dealer's part description. I doubt the dealer is correct unless the DTC error code is different than the common problems we have with PASSAT.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The canister is "Evaporative Emission Canister" and the number is 8DO 201 801 B
The valve is 077 133 517 C. It doesn't say specifically on the box but I believe this is the purge valve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh, and by the way, there is a second part that works also for the canister. It's the same number except instead of the last B, you can use E. 8)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did replace the purge valve and the canister over the weekend. I'm not very mechanically inclined but I did it in about an hour and a half. The purge valve is the first thing you see when you remove the cover by the air filter. The canister is in the middle of the spare tire hole from underneath. Pull the round cover and what you see is the canister. 3 screws and 3 hoses clamped on. Pretty easy. Parts cost about $220.00

1 - 12 of 12 Posts