Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else's inbox getting just absolutely hammered these days? My inbox at work is getting ridiculous amounts of email, and our virus-stripper is stripping the executables but still letting the email come in -- for example, I just got 105 spams over an eight-minute period. :suspicio:

Anyone else? Or is our company the one?

Andy

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Naw, I think Rich is right -- I've those kickbacks before, they don't look similar.

Damn...over 700 spams in a 60-minute period. :shock: Just called IT to get the machine scanned and swept. In their infinite wisdom, they tell us to d/l a virus-scanning program that updates regularly, but has no capacity to actually remove any viruses. WTF?

Andy

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
SPAMMERS and VIRUS distributors :thumbdow:

I have to wonder sometimes whether Symantec, MacAfee and other virus software makers have an undisclosed team of virus developers to create and distribute viruses. sure way to keep demand for their software going strong!

·
Banned
5,213 Posts
OneGuyInCA said:
I have to wonder sometimes whether Symantec, MacAfee and other virus software makers have an undisclosed team of virus developers to create and distribute viruses. sure way to keep demand for their software going strong!
I've thought of the same thing for a long time now. It's a conspiracy, I tells ya.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
THere is only one way to stop these Andy...and I already know its too late...

Dont give out your email to anyone!!! Even when you buy something or register. Have 2 different accounts for home use and work mail.

I never got 1 spam at my work email.....ever!

Once 1 wrong person gets hold of it....its all over.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
NetSky virus...

we dont get spam we have awesome email filters at work besides I dont use my work email for my personal use

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Viruses often send out other virues to random people and to people on your address book, and sometimes making the virus appear as if it's from someone in their address book. This is why some people get returned/bounced emails saying they are sending viruses to people.

Also, you should update your antivirus software, if you don't have one or want to get a free one you can check out. Make sure your software is setup for auto updates.

http://www.moosoft.com (great virus and trojan virus remover - 30 day trial, but it works)
http://www.grisoft.com (pretty good program, almost as good at moosoft's THE CLEANER)

If you are constantly getting bombed with what appears to be the same virus and same person (according to the email headers), you should report it to the responsible ISP, they should and most will contact their customer and let them know they are infected. Often the customers don't even know they are sending out viruses. It's really bad on highspeed connections, They either have a work virus that keep sending and scanning networks, or its a regular virus. Check out www.spamcop.net to see how to report these viruses and/or spam. And ISP will take spamcops email first before a single person sometimes.

Kevin

PS: EarthLink has virus filtering, just go to your webmail preferences and turn it on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts