Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never posted over here in the electronics section, so I'm a newbie of sorts.

Would like to know what options I have to install a DVD player (easily) in my 2001 (B5) Passat, either in-dash or in the headliner in the backseat.

Ideally, would like an option that is straight-forward and is plug-n-play (or close) as I am no electronics wizard.

Going to be doing some extended driving soon, and it is either installing such a system in the Passat, in my wife's Pacifica, or to buy a portable DVD player (nice and the price is right, but I haven't seen a good way to mount these in vehicle so that my kid doesn't need to hold on lap -- and drop, etc).

Thanks for any advice.

defector

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Audiovox makes a killer portable setup that has a screen with DVD player built in and it hangs between the front seats with a cigarette adapter for power. I believe it also has an AUX input. Retails for about $700 and can be had for less on eBay.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
How permanent a setup are you looking for? There are loads of setups that mount a screen to the front seat headrest posts and use a vcr or dvd and in some cases both. TV tuners are also an option.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
835 Posts
blaupunkt dvd

Blaupunkt has a dvd player that is Din size for in-dash installation (I think) or can be bracketed anywhere. Black chassis with some chrome and blue/red illum, matches nicely. stand-alone capablities, also optical out if you get an external processor ($$$$) to combine all audio hardware/functions. Getting intense there though.

Other ideas but depends on your budget. As far as stand-alone dvd players that match our cosmetics, go Blaupunkt, from what I've seen.

Alot to be said for those units that tie onto your seat/console etc. whatever, with player/screen combo, especially if you do not keep the car forever.

·
Registered
897 Posts
does any one have any good sites to get dvd/screen equipment i am redoing my system and need more parts.....i would like to get some sites that sell imagedinamics also thanks
casady

1 - 8 of 8 Posts