Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Tuesday the 14th, my mother and I went out to one of the local shops to have the stock shocks and struts replaced with the Eibach Pro-Dampers (been riding on Eibach springs and stock shocks for over two years now). The whole deal took all day, and cost $296 (a bit out of the bounds I know, but that included alignment, and it was a heck of a lot less than the $395 the previous shop I visited quoted me BEFORE alignment). Anyway, after arriving to pick up the car, I started out on my way home, only to be greeted with a dash warning stating "ABS FAULT" as well as the ABS and ASR-disengaged lights.

Needless to say, I brought the car back, and some manager/owner guy said that we'd have to leave it over night so that they could go back step by step and figure out the problem (BTW, the drive home and back was divine: a taut, and comfy new car feeling). Anyway, the next day they don't even call us until my mom drops by on the garage just before closing and finds out that they STILL can't figure out what's wrong, and that they have to take it over to VW--which means another night without our beloved B5.

The dumbest part is that I've been conveniently off work for the past couple days, which worked out so that I could take the car in, but not having the car back two days in a row has canceled some minor travel plans that my mom and I had. Also, the only other car we have needs to be taken in to the shop for an EGR valve malfunction ('95 Ford Contour). We'd better get that thing back tomorrow!!!

Just a rant from one of passatworld.com's newest members.

:sleep:

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
^^^ Yup. Its really easy to damage the ABS sensor when doing suspension work and my guess is this is exactly what they did. They probably didn't remove the sensor when they took the assembly apart and left the whole thing dangling by the wire.

And if they can't figure it out, you probably need a different shop.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And if they can't figure it out, you probably need a different shop.
Heh, funny you say that 'cuz, the previously mentioned manager/owner guy made the statement, "I hate Volkswagens ..." (albeit from a mechanic's perspective) when he was telling us we'd have to leave the car overnight the first time. That was my signal to never take this car here again.

But like I said, our B5 ended up at the VW dealer after all this heartache anyway, at no extra loss of money--just time.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At last, it has finally come time to pick up my beloved B5! ... err ... I just got the call to pick up our long-overdue-shocks-replaced-B5!

-Later and thread closed!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm thinking to put eibach springs on stock dumpers on my b5 wagon but i dont know would it be inough drop for my taste. :lol: Do you have some pics of yours b5 to show me. I would be grarefull.:bowdown:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
B5-SW1 said:
I'm thinking to put eibach springs on stock dumpers on my b5 wagon but i dont know would it be inough drop for my taste. :lol: Do you have some pics of yours b5 to show me. I would be grarefull.:bowdown:
Sorry, B5-SW1, I haven't looked at this thread in awhile. Although I'm sure you've found an adequate picture by now, I thought I'd go ahead and post a side shot. Better late than never, eh?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts