Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a new car so I put the stock suspension back.

Eibach Prokit sport springs for V6 FWD Sedan 1998, 1999 & 2000(low vin <121221) or high Vin B5.5 with low vin perch.(reduced to $110 + shipping)

Eibach + Prodampers(before suspension removal) 8)

Eibach Springs:

·
Registered
374 Posts
is price negotiable? this setup should work with a 98 v6 passat right? would you be willing to trade for BMW rims/springs (I have a lot of extra bmw parts) -Tim

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This setup would work for 98 V6 which is the same as mine. I am interested in just straight sales only since I am not keeping the car.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
What about a 2001 B5 (not B5.5)??? are the Bilstein HD shocks firmer than the pro kit ones or no??? i want a smooth ride still and i know one of the types of Bilsteins are kinda harsher....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
B5veedub said:
What about a 2001 B5 (not B5.5)??? are the Bilstein HD shocks firmer than the pro kit ones or no??? i want a smooth ride still and i know one of the types of Bilsteins are kinda harsher....
For the 2001 B5, I think you need to use the older style spring plates.

I like the Bilsteins a lot better than the Eibach Prodampers(shocks); they are just slightly more stiffer, but much more smoother, stable and solid. Superior ride, handling and motion control. Note: the position of the front spring perch is about 1/3" lower than the stock or prodamper's.

The Bilstein HD and Sport are valved the same except the shaft length sport is 3/4" shorter. I chose the longer shaft--HD because I rather have my shocks bottom out than my belly pan hit the ground and break. Actually, I never had a problem with this setup.

Sorry, rims aint for sale :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm interested in the Bilstein HD. They will work fine with the stock shocks? Let me know how much you will part them for if I pick up, possibly as early as this Monday.

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
QVTN said:
I'm interested in the Bilstein HD. They will work fine with the stock shocks? Let me know how much you will part them for if I pick up, possibly as early as this Monday.
Hmmm... The Bilstein HD shocks REPLACE the stock shocks. I'm not sure what you're asking here. Perhaps you meant to ask will the HDs work with stock springs? If so, the answer is YES: they will in fact work great to tighten up handling slightly!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts