Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

eibach pro system butt drag pics?

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  JamesBondage 
#1 · (Edited)
anyone have a picture of how bad the rake is with the pro-system is on a 1.8T B5 manual? i just got a set of the springs for graduation from my brother (cause he bought coilovers...) and i'd like to the matched set ride quality if it doesn't look like total trash.

thanks in advance
Andy

edit: i've been looking around and i've seen some that look great with the drop from the system. so any pictures of what you might think is an uneven/bad or perfect drop with this particular set up would be greatly appreciated.

#5 ·
NoneRock said:
will it ever end??
yeah, yeah, yeah. i didn't ever want to have a post like this, but i was tired and caved. i looked through a bunch of old threads and saw a few, but i wanted to see if anyone else was holding out. Also, i was hoping to hear some feedback like "the eibach pro-system not only rides great and makes the car handle well, it cut 12 seconds off my lap times, saved a kitten from a tree and surpassed Bono as a humanitarian" or whatever people might want to tell about that particular set up.

#7 ·
It's a great setup, but I'm tempted to go for the rear sway bar in addition. After a year on the pro system, I'm just not completely content with the body roll and general tightness in the turns. However, for the drop and relatively mellow ride, it's very good overall.

#10 ·
5 inches, almost exactly. That's to the lowest "main" point under the car, ie, the belly pan. I believe the auto tranny might protrude a wee bit lower, but I doubt it. I didn't even have to trim my front splash guards, but they still occasionally scrap out of very steep parking lots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.