Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has one installed on a b5.5? are there any instruction write ups? is it hard or easy? any tips? any additional parts needed other than the kit from evolution motorsport? adapters or anything?

Sorry for rambling
Thanks[/b]

·
Registered
915 Posts
but connectors, zip ties, extra wire jus incase,
and if you wanna be the hero then purchase a derale thermostat i think jegs.com or jc witneyt shoul have em, that will make the fan come on sooner and has its own temp censor (will need wire length to the battery),

ps, ill take the old fan off ur hands

·
Registered
915 Posts
AngeloB5.5 said:
Who has one installed on a b5.5? are there any instruction write ups? is it hard or easy? any tips? any additional parts needed other than the kit from evolution motorsport? adapters or anything?

Sorry for rambling
Thanks[/b]
But Wait there's more
to be a Super Hero, you can bypass the fan pulley
(since you aint gonn need it) but the kit allows you to use the existing belts, but you can buy shorter belts and get a solid hp or 2 extra
that was head ache, since no one could give me sizes soo i did the string thing and purchased like six differnt sizes

currenlty im having overheating issues, not sure if its a coolant leak or
the efk aitn blowing hard enough,
no, i did not use a external themostat (the dereale thermostat)

·
0 Posts
All i can say is do it right, and double check your work i have seen bad things happen from bad wiring with electric fans! but its worth it to kill that parasitic loss! :thumbup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Fan

I bought mine with the evo intercooler group buy but i only installed the intercooler since I was having trouble with my bently CD (not sure how to remove the radiator or ac in the front

·
Registered
25,991 Posts
We did one at a GTG,it was a pita. Pull the front off,remove radiator shroud to drill
the mounts. No writeup,not sure if Dubaholic has pics. Try to PM him.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does the efk replace the original fan? doesn't it replace the oem fan? I didn't tink you had to drill, i though it would bolt right up

·
Registered
915 Posts
AngeloB5.5 said:
does the efk replace the original fan? doesn't it replace the oem fan? I didn't tink you had to drill, i though it would bolt right up
BUT THATS IT AS FAR AS TOOLS
I USED ZIP TIES INSTEAD OF THE METAL BRACKET
AND I HAD TO MAKE A FEW HOLES TO SNAKE THE TIES

AND YES IT REPLACES THE OEM FAN
ITS ELECTRIC AND YOU GET TO USE THE SAME BELTS

·
Registered
915 Posts
[quote="Turbox
currenlty im having overheating issues, not sure if its a coolant leak or
the efk aitn blowing hard enough,
no, i did not use a external themostat (the dereale thermostat)[/quote]

Just an update the car wasnt overheating, it was acutally the oil light
thats was blinking and nothing to do with the efk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
AngeloB5.5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing