Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow.

I had the Eibach suspension kit installed a couple of weeks ago and just measured everything now. I'm going to measure again tomorrow to make sure I'm not just tired or something, but ...

Distance from level ground to wheel well, running 205/55-16 wheels and tires.

Before:

Front - 26.9"
Rear - 26.6"
(Front sits approx. 0.25" higher than rear.)

After:

Front - 25.2", a drop of 1.7"
Rear - 25.7", a drop of 0.95"
(Front sits approx. 0.5" lower than rear.)

That's not what I expected. But I love the ride and it doesn't look raked or antything. Like I said, I'll double check in the next couple of days.

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Bout what mine did .. what were you expecting?

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just wasn't expecting a differential of almost 0.75" between the front and rear, that's all. I'm still very happy with the outcome.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Eibach did that on purpose so the car would sit level. And people will STILL bitch about them and say it looks like the ass is dragging yet that hasn't been the case with any of the Pro-Systems I've installed.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Never had any sort of rake problem on my car, although mine is a 99 which is supposed to be immune to the problem.

Where'd you get your work done seth?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
traubenberg...do you have a 1.8t or V6?

The V6 is heavier and so the front will drop more.

·
Registered
28,326 Posts
traubenberg...do you have a 1.8t or V6?

The V6 is heavier and so the front will drop more.
The V6 springs are also much stronger and usually will give less initial drop. Almost all of the V6 springs I have installed gave a 1.2" drop front and back. The 1.8T sets have dropped 1.5"Front and 1.2 rear.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm looking to do my suspension this spring with Eibach's and I'm worried about the rake. Yours seems like a great drop though, what are the specs on your car? (1.8t/v6/tip/5spd/etc) Also any pics :)

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2005 Passat wagon - 1.8t w/ Tip
GIAC chiptuning, TT DV
Eibach Pro-System (see specs above)
10" Sony Xplod sub in StlB5 custom enclosure

etc ...

Paul - I have no doubt that the drop differential is on purpose. Honestly, I think it looks great, but I just wasn't expecting the numbers that I got. If anyone wants to say my girl's got a saggy butt ...they can say it to my face. :p

Chris - I was in Rockford visiting my in-laws and had the car out at Nelson's VW in Loves Park (right near Rockfrod Speedway). Two hundred bucks, out the door.

Razor - I have a couple of pics in the snow, but nothing since then. I was hoping to get new ones today, but it ain't gonna happen. If you want shots before you do the deed, let me know. I'll make something happen.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Seth - same effect with the Pro-System on mein Variant. I did not measure the "befores" and "afters" but the front is definitely lower than the rear.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I've got the drop that well, was lower than what i needed. Although I lived with it for the past 2 years. Eibach Pros...17" 215/45 wheels.
The car maybe going back to stock suspensions (springs) w/ koni dampers. Just for personal reason- everyday driving just not practical anymore with lowered stiffer ride for me, at least for this wagon.:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm in no rush, not going to do it until spring so ... I have a few months. But if you do take pics then by all mean share :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
If you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost to have the springs installed, if you didnt do it yourself, that is.
4 post up ...

Chris - I was in Rockford visiting my in-laws and had the car out at Nelson's VW in Loves Park (right near Rockfrod Speedway). Two hundred bucks, out the door.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts